CUSM MBS 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Did you have both of your recommenders submit their letters of rec on time? I submitted my app today and will have 1 recommendation submitted this week but having a hard time getting a hold of my 2nd recommender. Do you know if they make decisions without a letter of rec?

Thank you!! And they won't make a decision until they have all the required documents (including both letters) unfortunately :/

But you should be okay, as of last week they said they've only accepted a quarter of the class so far!

Members don't see this ad.

Got it. Ok thanks so much!

Reactions: 1 user
Nope! There’s still seats left and the application doesn’t close until the end of the month

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there. Congrats to everyone that's been accepted! I got my decision back last month and I've been waitlisted. The email said that the waitlist is periodically reviewed and it will remain open until the start of the program in August. Anyone else been waitlisted or know any extra information?? I think it's crazy that there's a chance of getting into the program up until August. I really hope I don't have to wait that long so I can decide on other options.

Hello,

On their website, it states that 12/33 (36%) of BMS students were accepted into MD/professional schools.

Does anyone have more detailed statistics on how many ended up gaining acceptance into MD programs and if any of them got accepted aside from CUSM?

Hello, just got accepted today for the MBS program!

Hello, I will be withdrawing from the program because I got accepted into a different one closer to home. I hope one of you guys gets to take my spot! Good luck!

Hi everyone, I just recently found out about this program and I hope it isnt too late to submit an app!:(

Last edited:
Hey guys, got accepted to the program earlier in May, I plan to give up my acceptance as I got off the waitlist for medical school! Hope my spot goes to one of you!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hi there. Congrats to everyone that's been accepted! I got my decision back last month and I've been waitlisted. The email said that the waitlist is periodically reviewed and it will remain open until the start of the program in August. Anyone else been waitlisted or know any extra information?? I think it's crazy that there's a chance of getting into the program up until August. I really hope I don't have to wait that long so I can decide on other options.
Update: I got off the waitlist and was accepted into the program last week! Please let me know if there is any groupchat or facebook page with accepted students. I would love to get connected and hopefully find a roommate.

Update: I got off the waitlist and was accepted into the program last week! Please let me know if there is any groupchat or facebook page with accepted students. I would love to get connected and hopefully find a roommate.

Here is the Facebook Group. Congrats on your acceptance!

Hey guys,

I am actually a pre-PA but interested in this program. I barely found out about it. I tried logging into the system to start an application but it is asking for my AMCAS id...which I do not have...since I am not applying to medical school. Any idea how to go about this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I am actually a pre-PA but interested in this program. I barely found out about it. I tried logging into the system to start an application but it is asking for my AMCAS id...which I do not have...since I am not applying to medical school. Any idea how to go about this?

you might be able to just type in N/A. If not, send them an email and let them know.

Hi all, I was accepted to this program and was wondering if there are any current/past students that would be open to me dming them some specific questions? Thanks!

Hi all, I was accepted to this program and was wondering if there are any current/past students that would be open to me dming them some specific questions? Thanks!
I completed the MBS and an starting their MD C/O 2024, feel free to PM me.

Does anyone know if this program's class is full? I got accepted to CSU East Bay's PHAP program and Geisinger Commonwealth's MBS program but I'm still waiting on CUSM and I really wanna go here too!

Does anyone know if this program's class is full? I got accepted to CSU East Bay's PHAP program and Geisinger Commonwealth's MBS program but I'm still waiting on CUSM and I really wanna go here too!
I called this morning and a representative said their class is ~85% completed rn. I'm sitting with a waitlist but I never received an email or any correspondence until I called. Since the app doesn't close until Jun 29, people on the waitlist could expect to hear back around the first week of July.

Last edited:
I called this morning and April said their class is ~85% completed rn. I'm sitting with a waitlist but I never received an email or any correspondence until I called. Since the app doesn't close until Jun 29, people on the waitlist could expect to hear back around the first week of July.
Do you think I should Just email and ask for the status of my app or just wait it out... and thank you!

Do you think I should Just email and ask for the status of my app or just wait it out... and thank you!
I personally think calling the school (if you're comfortable) is your best bet because they answered my inquiry literally in 10 seconds. Since everyone is corresponding via email, I thought that would be too long for me to wait. I'm in a similar position as you since I'm also looking at other schools. I think you should ask bc it's better that you know where you stand so you have more time to make a decision. Also no problem! :)

Does anybody have an idea of what the chances are of getting off the waitlist? I just wanna have rough estimates so I can plan accordingly? Thanks in advance!

Has anyone heard back from the CUSM MBS admissions committee this week? Just wondering as I submitted my application recently.

Has everyone on the waitlist heard back yet? I know the deadline was on the 29th ..

I applied towards the end of May and have still not heard back yet. Is it safe to assume that I got a rejection? I also already confirmed with them if they received all my materials.

I applied towards the end of May and have still not heard back yet. Is it safe to assume that I got a rejection? I also already confirmed with them if they received all my materials.
I applied back in March and still haven't heard back either. Does anyone know if the program is full? As of right now I have been accepted into two other programs and am considering committing to one that is allowing us to start mid July.

For those who are waiting- I'm not sure if this will help but they told me my GPA is below 3.0 (which my cumulative is not, only my uGPA is). They said I am in the secondary review cycle and it seems they review these applications after those who are above 3.0.

For those who are waiting- I'm not sure if this will help but they told me my GPA is below 3.0 (which my cumulative is not, only my uGPA is). They said I am in the secondary review cycle and it seems they review these applications after those who are above 3.0.
Thnx you!!

Can we assume this school does silent rejections at this point? They literally start classes in 2 weeks or so. I applied back in May and I guess they already have their class. Just FYI to future applicants that this is something you may experience.

people were accepted up until the start date of the program last year.

I just called them a few hours ago to ask for an update (not necessarily on my application, just where they are in the process considering orientation is August 14th) and they told me I'm on the waitlist and that I'll find out by Monday! If I don't get anything on Monday, they said to call again but that they're pretty certain I'll know by then. Waitlisted applicants haven't found out whether they're accepted/rejected yet because they're waiting on accepted applicants to let them know whether or not they're attending. That being said, please decide soon if you're still holding a spot at more than one school! I live in Illinois and would have less than a week to find an apartment and move halfway across the country :(

Hey does anyone know stats to make in MBS program to accepted into their MD? Also MCAT stats to get into their MBS? (For conditional acceptance or interview?) Thanks!

Hey does anyone know stats to make in MBS program to accepted into their MD? Also MCAT stats to get into their MBS? (For conditional acceptance or interview?) Thanks!

The stats for the past two classes and the MCAT requirement are all listed on their website.

Hi sorry to bring this thread back up, but for those of you in the 2020 or 2021 class, do you know the current matriculation stats into CUSM? I'm thinking of applying!

I created a thread for the current 2021 cycle.

Last edited:
Congrats! I also got accepted a couple of weeks ago. I submitted my paperwork and currently plan to attend, but I am still waiting for a response from some Texas programs to make my final decision.
Hey! Hope you are doing well!
Just wanted to know if you ended up attending the program and if so would you recommend it?

Hey there!
Just wanted to know if any of you ended up attending the program and if so, would you recommend it?

hey everyone
I'm thinking of applying here so I wanted to know:
How's the program? the classes? environment?
Hows the linkage? Did you get into the med school?
Anyone here apply to other schools during the school year you were doing the masters? How was your experience with that?