CUSM MBS 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mochimin

Reaction score
The application just opened recently but starting a new thread for those hoping to apply/have applied already! I submit my application yesterday (2/04/23) but waiting on my references :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I’m yet to apply but I know they won’t start releasing their first decisions until April ish. Are we allowed to submit LOR through portfolio?

Last edited:
Hey! I’m yet to apply but I know they won’t start releasing their first decisions until April ish. Are we allowed to submit LOR through portfolio?
Hi!! when I joined their info session last month they said earliest they start sending out decisions is late March/early April :) and yeah they accept letters through Interfolio but I asked my references to submit directly to their email since I don't have an account and didn't wanna pay haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!! when I joined their info session last month they said earliest they start sending out decisions is late March/early April :) and yeah they accept letters through Interfolio but I asked my references to submit directly to their email since I don't have an account and didn't wanna pay haha
Oh late march?! I thought early march at least 😭 I forgot it’s still February

I applied on February 27th and was completed on March 2nd. I unfortunately missed the information session and was just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet?

My application was completed March 18th. I got my acceptance yesterday. So if there's any confusion on when acceptances are going out, it would be safe to assume late March to early April at the earliest.

Last edited:
My application was completed March 18th. I got my acceptance yesterday. So if there's any confusion on when acceptances are going out, it would be safe to assume late March to early April at the earliest.
You already got your acceptance? Did anyone else who applied earlier did?

You already got your acceptance? Did anyone else who applied earlier did?
I was told I was complete after inquiring but never got an official email saying my application was complete. They told me on March 1st that my application was complete but I haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know if they send rejections out or do they just ghost like some medical schools? lol

I was told I was complete after inquiring but never got an official email saying my application was complete. They told me on March 1st that my application was complete but I haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know if they send rejections out or do they just ghost like some medical schools? lol
Based on last year, decisions didn’t really start until April 15-16. But then someone wrote they already got their decision which makes no sense as it’s rolling admissions anyways ?!

wow that was super fast, congrats!! :)

Based on last year, decisions didn’t really start until April 15-16. But then someone wrote they already got their decision which makes no sense as it’s rolling admissions anyways ?!
mine was complete 3/14 and i haven't heard anything since. during the info session they said they start releasing earliest decisions late March-early April, but the suspense is killing me 😩

based on past threads they send out rejections, but it's still early and they said they send acceptances throughout the entire application cycle :)

based on past threads they send out rejections, but it's still early and they said they send acceptances throughout the entire application cycle :)
That makes sense. I when I asked about when I might hear of an acceptance or rejection since my app was complete before blazer18198's (CONGRATS BTW!!!), I was told they had already reviewed mine but put me on hold. Honestly, this isn't very surprising since I have a pretty big red flag on my application. I'm still hopeful that I can get an acceptance down the line *fingers crossed*

Members don't see this ad :)
That makes sense. I when I asked about when I might hear of an acceptance or rejection since my app was complete before blazer18198's (CONGRATS BTW!!!), I was told they had already reviewed mine but put me on hold. Honestly, this isn't very surprising since I have a pretty big red flag on my application. I'm still hopeful that I can get an acceptance down the line *fingers crossed*
ohhh did you ask them this recently? I'm sure they're waiting to review more applications and that the majority of people will start hearing back around April like last year's thread, but yes fingers crossed for us!! :cat:🤞

ohhh did you ask them this recently? I'm sure they're waiting to review more applications and that the majority of people will start hearing back around April like last year's thread, but yes fingers crossed for us!! :cat:🤞
Yes, I asked them today. My curiosity got the best of me. Hopefully, it doesn't backfire, I probably should have been more patient since it's still pretty early in their application cycle. Sending good vibes to all of you!

wow that was super fast, congrats!! :)
Thanks! :) Really wishing you and everyone the best of luck!

So for anyone who's wondering about how fast things were for me specifically, I just wanted to not only correct some things but also clarify a couple things as well. My application was complete on 3/16* not 3/18. I started my app maybe a week prior (I got info from somewhere on their site I think that there is priority review the sooner you apply so, I took note of that). I did a few back and forth emails up until then just to make sure I had all my materials because it was my first time using Interfolio for letters of rec and also to make sure I was using the right email/school address to send in my transcripts. By 3/14 I was sure I was all set. I emailed them 3/16* just to confirm that I had gotten all my materials in because I thought maybe I would get a confirmation email saying my app was complete. They then responded to me just a couple hours afterwards saying not only was my application complete, but the committee had already reviewed it the day prior and offered me a spot; I would be receiving my official acceptance with documentation to sign off on no later than 3/20. I did end up getting the official acceptance but it was 2 days later than what they had told me.

I did not apply with an MCAT score. I have taken the MCAT already but (using better wisdom with test prep) I plan on re-taking it in just a couple of weeks. Im non trad, a few years out of undergrad. Sub 3.5 gpa with strong upward trend. Did a few hundred hours of research during undergrad with a pub. 2500+ hours of medical scribing. Few hundred hours of volunteering. T.A. for a full year of Orgo and a full year of Physics. Good story. URM. Really wanted to move out west (I'm from NY) so I thought this would be best of both worlds as I'm trying to go to med school out there (hopefully I can utilize the MBS to MD pathway they offer). I applied to med school this cycle but Im pretty sure my MCAT score (more than anything) and my below average GPA shot me in the foot 😬.

Sorry for all the info 😅. Just trying to help others if there are any confusion. Also, maybe I can give some expectations to outcomes and turnarounds for people in the thread this year and for others who might be reading through in years to come. SDN can be a really great help for people applying to programs like these, med school, PA school etc., just like it has been for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So for anyone who's wondering about how fast things were for me specifically, I just wanted to not only correct some things but also clarify a couple things as well. My application was complete on 3/16* not 3/18. I started my app maybe a week prior (I got info from somewhere on their site I think that there is priority review the sooner you apply so, I took note of that). I did a few back and forth emails up until then just to make sure I had all my materials because it was my first time using Interfolio for letters of rec and also to make sure I was using the right email/school address to send in my transcripts. By 3/14 I was sure I was all set. I emailed them 3/16* just to confirm that I had gotten all my materials in because I thought maybe I would get a confirmation email saying my app was complete. They then responded to me just a couple hours afterwards saying not only was my application complete, but the committee had already reviewed it the day prior and offered me a spot; I would be receiving my official acceptance with documentation to sign off on no later than 3/20. I did end up getting the official acceptance but it was 2 days later than what they had told me.

I did not apply with an MCAT score. I have taken the MCAT already but (using better wisdom with test prep) I plan on re-taking it in just a couple of weeks. Im non trad, a few years out of undergrad. Sub 3.5 gpa with strong upward trend. Did a few hundred hours of research during undergrad with a pub. 2500+ hours of medical scribing. Few hundred hours of volunteering. T.A. for a full year of Orgo and a full year of Physics. Good story. URM. Really wanted to move out west (I'm from NY) so I thought this would be best of both worlds as I'm trying to go to med school out there (hopefully I can utilize the MBS to MD pathway they offer). I applied to med school this cycle but Im pretty sure my MCAT score (more than anything) and my below average GPA shot me in the foot 😬.

Sorry for all the info 😅. Just trying to help others if there are any confusion. Also, maybe I can give some expectations to outcomes and turnarounds for people in the thread this year and for others who might be reading through in years to come. SDN can be a really great help for people applying to programs like these, med school, PA school etc., just like it has been for me.
Did you send official or unofficial transcripts? Thanks for all the info! In a similar situation myself

this is super helpful, thank you sm for sharing!!!! :)

I am yet to apply to be honest, Hoping to get it in soon. Thanks for the information! Very helpful. You seem like a great candidate congrats :) for the activities, do they just want our bullet point resume? Where do you put in the hours? I’m confused on that.

Last edited:
I am yet to apply to be honest, Hoping to get it in soon. Thanks for the information! Very helpful. You seem like a great candidate congrats :) for the activities, do they just want our bullet point resume? Where do you put in the hours? I’m confused on that.
I emailed them with attachments of both my personal statement and resume/CV (bullet point style) since i was only able to upload one attachment in the actual application. I put my date start and end next to each experience and with some experiences (specifically volunteer ones), I would specify like "dedicated x hours per week/month". hope this helps :)

Did you send official or unofficial transcripts? Thanks for all the info! In a similar situation myself
You're welcome! And yeah, I sent in official transcripts from the school I got a degree from. I took college classes in highschool so I had to get unofficial transcripts for those. According to the CUSM MBS website and the instructions they laid out, they said to send in official transcripts from schools where you earned a degree and unofficial transcripts from schools where you didnt earn a degree. I'd go on the site for specific instructions on how to do so. A quick google search should take you there :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the congrats :). I'd say they are looking for a well organized template, I organized the hours of each activity to the right hand side next to each activity. But I wouldn't say that a different format of a resume from one candidate to another is going to be a deciding factor. I might be able to attach the resume template I used from a different master's program I was going to apply to. Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• EVMS_MM_Resume_Sample.pdf
    94.9 KB · Views: 99
Thanks for the congrats :). I'd say they are looking for a well organized template, I organized the hours of each activity to the right hand side next to each activity. But I wouldn't say that a different format of a resume from one candidate to another is going to be a deciding factor. I might be able to attach the resume template I used from a different master's program I was going to apply to. Hope this helps :)
So helpful! Thank you again. It’s good to know that I did my resume right haha. I will just add in the hours and remove my academic courses. :)

I emailed them with attachments of both my personal statement and resume/CV (bullet point style) since i was only able to upload one attachment in the actual application. I put my date start and end next to each experience and with some experiences (specifically volunteer ones), I would specify like "dedicated x hours per week/month". hope this helps :)
Thanks you too! I hope you get your decision soon. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
really hoping for some good news for everyone soon!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if it is okay to use the same letters of rec (stored on interfolio) that I used for my med school applications for the CUSM MBS application? Or do I need to ask my letter writers to upload a new letter? I want to submit my app soon but im concerned that it may take a while for them to upload new letters.

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if it is okay to use the same letters of rec (stored on interfolio) that I used for my med school applications for the CUSM MBS application? Or do I need to ask my letter writers to upload a new letter? I want to submit my app soon but im concerned that it may take a while for them to upload new letters.
Hey, you can send in letters thru Interfolio to their email address. You just need two.

Hey, you can send in letters thru Interfolio to their email address. You just need two.
Thank you - I guess what I was trying to say is would it be okay to use the same letter of rec that I used for my med school apps for my MBS application as well?

Thank you - I guess what I was trying to say is would it be okay to use the same letter of rec that I used for my med school apps for my MBS application as well?
Yeah for sure. I don’t see a reason why not.

How long did it take you guys to get the payment link after the application? It’s been like more than 48 hours for me.

Last edited:
How long did it take you guys to get the payment link after the application? It’s been like more than 48 hours for me.
it took over a week for me. I had to email them and they sent it a few days after so I'd suggest reaching out!

Been a week since I submitted , still haven’t gotten 😭
I would definitely email. mine was delayed because their application portal was down for a few days so it might be the same case for you!

I would definitely email. mine was delayed because their application portal was down for a few days so it might be the same case for you!
Yeah they told me I would get it latest by Monday but NOPE. Update: I got it !

Last edited:
Fr I’m being very impatient with this one 😭 I hope you do too 🤗
i just got an acceptance!! i'm pretty sure i'm going to commit to another program though, but I wish everyone the best of luck!! ☺️

i just got an acceptance!! i'm pretty sure i'm going to commit to another program though, but I wish everyone the best of luck!! ☺️
Congratulations, would you mind sharing some of your stats?

Aww .. that’s bitter sweet. it was so nice talking to you, good luck at ur next program ! I only applied to MBS so will have to wait and see aha.

Do y’all think they will release decisions tomorrow for the majority of us that are still waiting? (Based on previous years)

Last edited: