CUSM MBS 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope so, if not tomorrow I am guessing in the next week or so they will really start sending out decisions, from previous year threads it seems like around the 15th notifications will start being sent out in earnest.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my email Tuesday. It said my application file was complete and it is scheduled for review this week.

I got my email Tuesday. It said my application file was complete and it is scheduled for review this week.
Oh they didn’t tell me when mine was for review, but I got my email on Wed. Not sure if I will hear back at the April 15 date but end of April latest. keep us posted when you hear back!

Last edited:
Most likely it is also up for review because you submited yours prior to mine. But I’ll keep you updated. I might hear back from the today.

Does anyone know how many people they are taking this year? Is it still around 60?

Thanks! I hope I hear some good news this cycle. Congrats btw.
No news so far for the majority? Rolling decisions should literally be rolling 😭 weird that some of u from March still haven’t gotten decision

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I had been told about two weeks ago that I was put on hold, but I thought it might be because it was still pretty early in the cycle so they might want to spread out acceptances since they are accepting applications until June.

No updates thus far for me rip. Update: I got accepted! If you haven’t followed up with them after getting “your application is complete” email, I would urge y’all to do that week or so later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I just heard back I got waitlisted :/, but i have high hopes I did apply kind of late -.- I was hoping we could make a group me and all talk get to know each other. GroupMe here's the link :)

Does anyone know if they have sent out any actual rejections yet or do they send out rejection letters at all?

Last edited:
How did you find out you were waitlisted? Did you inquire or did they just email you? I'm asking because I was put on hold in mid-March and haven't heard anything since :(

I don't know about Nicholas but I had went to their future doctor's workshop on Friday and the admissions recruiter April was there and so I had asked when we could see some movement because I was on hold too and she said I had been moved to the waitlist.

I don't know about Nicholas but I had went to their future doctor's workshop on Friday and the admissions recruiter April was there and so I had asked when we could see some movement because I was on hold too and she said I had been moved to the waitlist.
Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll reach out. Do you think that means the class is full already?

I feel like probably not because they are still accepting applications until the end of June so I feel like they are probably rationing out acceptances to spread it out. She was saying that once we get closer to June we will see more movement because then they will have an idea of how many people who were accepted actually are going to attend.

I feel like probably not because they are still accepting applications until the end of June so I feel like they are probably rationing out acceptances to spread it out. She was saying that once we get closer to June we will see more movement because then they will have an idea of how many people who were accepted actually are going to attend.
Ohhh, that makes sense. Thanks for being so helpful. I hope you hear good news soon!

What was your stats if you don't mind me asking?
Hello Nicholas! 😊 I am am graduating with my b.s in bio this May! So far my GPA is at a 3.59 and my science gpa at about a 3.85. I am hoping my gpa goes up once I graduate! I have not taken my MCAT yet but I do have about 100 hours of volunteer work at a hospital including their clinical lab!
I also do microbiology research and stem cell research at my school! It’s been going on for about a year!

Hello Nicholas! 😊 I am am graduating with my b.s in bio this May! So far my GPA is at a 3.59 and my science gpa at about a 3.85. I am hoping my gpa goes up once I graduate! I have not taken my MCAT yet but I do have about 100 hours of volunteer work at a hospital including their clinical lab!
I also do microbiology research and stem cell research at my school! It’s been going on for about a year!
Thank you! I was just wondering because we have similar stats and i got waitlisted sadly :/

What do you guys think the odds are of actually getting off the waitlist? I ask because I got accepted to another program but I had been holding off on accepting because I was really hoping for cusm but I was waitlisted as well and now I am getting nervous about putting off too much longer

What do you guys think the odds are of actually getting off the waitlist? I ask because I got accepted to another program but I had been holding off on accepting because I was really hoping for cusm but I was waitlisted as well and now I am getting nervous about putting off too much longer
I would like to know that too, but I want this school so bad because I to do the bridge it's sounds so nice!

How did you find out you were waitlisted? Did you inquire or did they just email you? I'm asking because I was put on hold in mid-March and haven't heard anything since :(
I got an email like a week later.

Does anyone have any good news about this program? How many students from their last cohort got into the CUSM SOM? I read that they only take ten students.

Hey everyone! I’m an MBS alum and incoming M1 to CUSM. If any of you have any questions or anything feel free to let me know. 😊
Hi, do you mind talking about what the program was like for you? Overall stats? Did you apply to the SOM while in the program? Thank you

I had a wonderful experience in the program. The workload is very heavy, so expect to be studying most of the time. But if you are organized and stay on top of it, it’s manageable. The professors are accessible and get to know everyone. The only aspect of the program that I wasn’t a fan of was the capstone project; I felt like it could have had better direction overall and I don’t think I got much out of it personally. If you do not have much research experience, I wouldn’t expect the capstone to satisfy that.

I applied to the medical school through the pathway, so I submitted the application not long after starting MBS in the Fall. While my GPA was average, my MCAT was below the school’s average but still qualified for the 506 minimum to apply. However, I got a 4.0 in the program so I think that helped immensely. I also got to know the professors well.
Thank you so much for answering. Were the classes like biochem similar to biochem in undergrad or did it go a lot more in depth? How difficult was it (especially compared to undergrad) to do well? Were the professors chill and willing to curve? Also, did you apply anywhere else or was cusm your number 1? How was the capstone unfulfilling? Were you able to choose from a variety of subjects to do research in? How many were chosen in the pathway? I think the site said 5 initially but now it says 10. Sorry for all the questions lol

Hey everyone! I’m an MBS alum and incoming M1 to CUSM. If any of you have any questions or anything feel free to let me know. 😊
Hi. I want to DM you for questions but I cant for some reason. Is it possible for you to DM me? I would like to ask you about your experiences in the program.

I had a wonderful experience in the program. The workload is very heavy, so expect to be studying most of the time. But if you are organized and stay on top of it, it’s manageable. The professors are accessible and get to know everyone. The only aspect of the program that I wasn’t a fan of was the capstone project; I felt like it could have had better direction overall and I don’t think I got much out of it personally. If you do not have much research experience, I wouldn’t expect the capstone to satisfy that.

I applied to the medical school through the pathway, so I submitted the application not long after starting MBS in the Fall. While my GPA was average, my MCAT was below the school’s average but still qualified for the 506 minimum to apply. However, I got a 4.0 in the program so I think that helped immensely. I also got to know the professors well.
What’s the capstone project? Is that like the research thing

Last edited:
Did anyone receive an email today about the Merit scholarship for the CUSM MBS program? Is that something they usually send?

Did anyone receive an email today about the Merit scholarship for the CUSM MBS program? Is that something they usually send?
Merit scholarship? Didn’t even know they offered that tbh

Last edited:
Merit scholarship? Didn’t even know they offered that tbh
I think they just opened it to some of the students who applied to their medical school and did not get in. Apparently, you can use your AAMC application to apply to the program in lieu of the other application.

Hi! I got the MBS merit scholarship e-mail. Does anyone know how to submit the app? They said they were going to use the AMCAS material so I thought we didn't have to fill out the rest of the app? But it won't let me submit the app with empty parts.

I had been told about two weeks ago that I was put on hold, but I thought it might be because it was still pretty early in the cycle so they might want to spread out acceptances since they are accepting applications until June.
Update I just got accepted the other day!

Hi! I got the MBS merit scholarship e-mail. Does anyone know how to submit the app? They said they were going to use the AMCAS material so I thought we didn't have to fill out the rest of the app? But it won't let me submit the app with empty parts.
All you have to do is fill out the first page and the transcript page I believe and then submit your application. The review process is really fast.

Does anyone know what the daily schedule looks like? What are the chances of getting accepted into CUSM?

Classes are M-Thu 9-12. Exams are on Fridays. Chances of getting into the medical school really depend on multiple factors. That depends on how many people from your class are applying into the pathway, how many other MBS alum are applying (non-pathway), what your AMCAS (MCAT/GPA) look like, and how well you do in the program. It’s impossible to say if any one person has an excellent chance given the fact that it is dependent on many things. You just need to make sure your AMCAS is excellent, your grades in the program are excellent, and you make a good impression on the faculty for the committee letter. Admissions says that MBS alum and students are favored for seats, however this doesn’t mean you will get in if your application isn’t up to par with the competition or your MCAT and GPA are lower than average. It simply depends.

ETA: My class, this past cycle, had more applicants for the pathway since it was the firdt year that it was openly announced. This year, it’s being publicized more and there are more seats. I anticipate that will mean there is more competition for pathway seats. Plus, most pathway applicants are offered a full ride (if not all) to the med school. It’s VERY competitive. I can’t say if the full ride will still apply to future pathway students, but I know it did this past year.
I can see why it is intriguing. It sounds like a good program. But it seems most people are eligible to apply for the pathway and there might be a bottleneck.