CUSOM or VCOM Virginia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gatorman177

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me compare these two schools? I have been accepted at vcom and have an interview at Campbell soon.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone help me compare these two schools? I have been accepted at vcom and have an interview at Campbell soon.

Thanks for the help!

I guess it depends what exactly you are looking for. Both are rural-like schools, but Campbell is much more rural than VCOM. Both are affiliated with undergrads, but comparing Campbell with Virginia Tech is very different. Campbell has a family, religious feel, whereas VCOM is located in a research park, has no religious affiliation, and is somewhat around a large university environment. VCOM has obviously been established longer, but they also really hit on the working in rural VA.

Thank you for your response! I was wondering if anyone was going to see my post. I haven't seen Campbell yet so I was unaware that it was more rural than virginia tech. That should make my decision to pick vcom pretty easy. I also don't like that I'd be the second class ever - it just makes me uneasy. I feel like id prefer a school like vcom that has a proven track record

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response! I was wondering if anyone was going to see my post. I haven't seen Campbell yet so I was unaware that it was more rural than virginia tech. That should make my decision to pick vcom pretty easy. I also don't like that I'd be the second class ever - it just makes me uneasy. I feel like id prefer a school like vcom that has a proven track record

That would be my choice if I had to make it. Campbell is VERY rural... there are a few things and Raleigh is about 45 minutes away, but considering I think VCOM is a little too rural, I could never do Campbell! Good luck :]

Thanks for the help!

Can you please tell what your stats are? and when did you send you sec application. I also applied to both. Thanks