Cut and Paste?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

merlin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about how to type the Johns Hopkins essay questions. It says you can use 10pt font, but I don't think typewriters can do 10pt font. The point of my question is, do you think it is cool to print your answer, cut it out and use tape to tape it onto the secondary? Did anyone try this? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

i called them, and they said that it was all good! (i also checked with GW and Yale and they all said that as long as they could read it, it was fine!)

good luck!

this doesn't directly answer your question, but my typewriter actually does 10pt pitch, as well as 12 and 15. so these typewriters exist!

loyola allows you to cut and paste your essays, make a photocopy, and send them the copy. maybe hopkins will allow the same? sure, it's a photocopy and not the actual app, but it looks a lot neater.

Members don't see this ad :)
I cut and paste for the JHU app. Don't use scotch tape though, use one of those photo safe glue sticks ... leaves a neater appearance.

Double sided tape works well. There was a thread a while back about someone who got admitted to a school on whose app s/he used the cut & paste method last year. Nevertheless, I'm planning on word processing and running the app through my printer (after VERY carefully checking the placement on the page about a dozen times!), because I will probably want to use 10pt and I think it will look a lot better. But that would necessitate tearing the two pages apart at the perforation. What do you guys think about that?