Cut it out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabe85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I know that studying is difficult enough as it is...

I realized after doing so many practice problems out of EK1001 and other paper review books I was getting really frustrated flipping back and forth between the questions and answers.

So I was like F__ck it! I decided to cut out the answers from the books with a razor blade!
It made studying and REVIEWING much more pleasant. This way I could look at the questions and answers side by side.

It may sound obvious, but I thought I would throw that idea out there to help some others out.

Members don't see this ad.

It's obviously up to you to determine what works best for you when you study, but the 2 immediate issues that come to mind about this:

1) if you simply cut out the answers without keeping them organized and in the right place (for example, taped to the page behind your passages?), you could end up misplacing some of the answers and making your studying even more difficult.

2) you're totally crushing the resale value of your books (though this is really secondary, as your ultimate goal is to get a good score, not to simply resell the books!)

Whatever works for you, good luck with your studying!

I cut the backs of all of my prep books - they are a lot more practical to deal with that way.

It's obviously up to you to determine what works best for you when you study, but the 2 immediate issues that come to mind about this:

1) if you simply cut out the answers without keeping them organized and in the right place (for example, taped to the page behind your passages?), you could end up misplacing some of the answers and making your studying even more difficult.

2) you're totally crushing the resale value of your books (though this is really secondary, as your ultimate goal is to get a good score, not to simply resell the books!)

Whatever works for you, good luck with your studying!

I use two 12" clear plastic ACME rulers (any flat ruler will do really). One ruler at the current question and one ruler at the answer. Makes flipping back and forth a breeze! No need to destroy the book either :cool:

Flipping back and forth to review is annoying, but it's flat out infuriating when a massive table or reaction pathway and a question relevant to that table or reaction pathway are separated by a page flip. :mad: