CV - Conference (not the presenter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knicksfan3131

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

Just a quick q about a med student's CV. I see there's some debate about this, but was wondering what people think: if you are trying to put together a CV as a preclinical student with limited publications, etc. is it appropriate to list on a CV a conference presentation if you weren't the presenting author? To clarify, I was still an author on the published paper, and had a large role in the project, but another author presented at a conference. Also to clarify, I would of course clearly indicate that not I, but Dr. X, was the presenting author. Thoughts? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

One way to organize the CV is to have three sections: Publications, Presentations (made by you), and Abstracts (made by someone else but you're added as a coauthor). Publications should be listed first and Abstracts should be listed last. I'd list the coauthor abstract presented by someone else under the Abstracts section of the CV.

Once your CV grows significantly longer with more publications and presentations, the abstracts section can be easily omitted.

Reactions: 1 user
One way to organize the CV is to have three sections: Publications, Presentations (made by you), and Abstracts (made by someone else but you're added as a coauthor). Publications should be listed first and Abstracts should be listed last. I'd list the coauthor abstract presented by someone else under the Abstracts section of the CV.

Once your CV grows significantly longer with more publications and presentations, the abstracts section can be easily omitted.
Thanks so much. That's very helpful!