CV/ERAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakerfan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

Quick question about undergraduate activities in one's CV...If I was a member of a social fraternity and held various positions, is this appropriate for the ERAS CV and one's CV in general? Also, do undergraduate positions like RA (Resident Assistant) have any place in our application?

Thanks in advance.

LF

Members don't see this ad.

Im guessing it should be under leadership
Put everything under the sun on there. At least you will have something to talk about in case the person interviewing you is boring ...

RA should be under jobs...

wait... we can put undergrad experiences in ERAS? i always thought it should only include medschool things and beyond.

Members don't see this ad :)
uclabruins47 said:
wait... we can put undergrad experiences in ERAS? i always thought it should only include medschool things and beyond.

I certainly HOPE we can put pre-med stuff on ERAS! I completed my MPH and 4 years of solid, published research at UCLA prior to matriculation into med school so I really hope I can put that in my application and CV!

Can someone please confirm????

Luwi25 said:
I certainly HOPE we can put pre-med stuff on ERAS! I completed my MPH and 4 years of solid, published research at UCLA prior to matriculation into med school so I really hope I can put that in my application and CV!

Can someone please confirm????

Yes! You can put anything you want on ERAS. It's a judgment call. Think of ERAS as telling a brief story about you, and include anything you think is important to that story. If you did something significant that will make you shine and be worth talking about in interviews, it should be included no matter when it was done. If it was a significant experience in undergrad, you can definitely include it if you want to talk about it. I put in non-medical activities from undergrad and got asked about them at a few interviews by people with similar experiences/interests. I would avoid most high-school stuff unless it's exceptional and/or highly relevant to medicine.

That said, ERAS is slightly different than your CV, where you should include only activities directly related to medicine, aside from perhaps a short list of hobbies/interests.

Hope this helps.

Thanks BBB! That was helpful to know for next years ERAS application! =)