CV for Residency Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent9839

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just looking for some recommendations. I'm working on my CV and wanted to have a "Leadership" Section. I'm the President of a an organization so I know I can include this there, but that's my only real leadership position. I serve as a mentor to another student who is currently enrolled in a program that I went through and I also served in a leadership role in a job that I worked in college. Could I include these under leadership, or is it better to leave those under "community service" and "work experience", respectively, and just take out the "Leadership" section and include my leadership position in the community service section? I appreciate any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, just looking for some recommendations. I'm working on my CV and wanted to have a "Leadership" Section. I'm the President of a an organization so I know I can include this there, but that's my only real leadership position. I serve as a mentor to another student who is currently enrolled in a program that I went through and I also served in a leadership role in a job that I worked in college. Could I include these under leadership, or is it better to leave those under "community service" and "work experience", respectively, and just take out the "Leadership" section and include my leadership position in the community service section? I appreciate any input.

It’s fine how it is, you have leadership roles so place them under that category.

For residency, it doesn’t matter where you place these because currently you only have three sections for extra curriculars on your application: volunteer, research, and work experiences. What you described to me would the placed in the volunteer section with a description of the work you did.