CVS announces Pay decreases for pharmacists nationwide.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea I mentioned I’m open to discussing with the hiring manager what their standards are

trust me , they know exactly what they are going to pay for that position befeore they even know you exist.....lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Glad I dont work for you debbie downer. I work in hospital and I'm at 57.66 an hour. I get lunch breaks and if I want to work overtime I can. 5 weeks vacation.
Pharmacist with high pay and lots of vacation are the first on the chopping block. I just spoke to a pharmacist who couldn’t believe Fry’s pharmacy had changed and did everything in their power ( write ups, excuses) to get rid of her. She had 5 weeks vacation and top salary. Just remember your words in the future.

I’m not sure why, people are surprised that companies get rid of veteran pharmacists or veteran anything in the private workforce. Maybe they think because they are an exemplary employee the company values them? Not sure....

Pharmacist with high pay and lots of vacation are the first on the chopping block. I just spoke to a pharmacist who couldn’t believe Fry’s pharmacy had changed and did everything in their power ( write ups, excuses) to get rid of her. She had 5 weeks vacation and top salary. Just remember your words in the future.

I’m not sure why, people are surprised that companies get rid of veteran pharmacists or veteran anything in the private workforce. Maybe they think because they are an exemplary employee the company values them? Not sure....
What amazes me is that this has to be re-stated over and over.....probably denial due to the worry that the bean counters are (yes they are) gunning for YOU....

Members don't see this ad :)
In that case companies should stop doing annual raises and instead should just give out pink slips every year. And how does anyone have a job for more than a few years?

In that case companies should stop doing annual raises and instead should just give out pink slips every year. And how does anyone have a job for more than a few years?

As of about 2018 you wont be able to. Thats the whole idea of what they are doing. Work you until you break, or they will eventually start performing you out. Why else would companies across the board suddenly give you almost no help to run their business, yet find the time to provide a very nice accountability system all new and updated.....every company is doing it.....it's literally a fast track to to fire you these days.....It's hiding in plain sight.....read between the lines. They will not continue to pay people like me 70/hr to be a PIC or someone else 65+ to be a staff, they just wont. But how do you overturn your current pharmacist stock and restock it with the lower pay rates? do exactly as i mentioned above, which IS being done.....by every company. You can no longer hold a job, this will continue until they dont need us , or find a way to make us PRN at 30$ an hour.....something like that. No one really knows what the retail landscape will be in 3-5 years, but it's not gonna be pretty....

Reactions: 1 user
As of about 2018 you wont be able to. Thats the whole idea of what they are doing. Work you until you break, or they will eventually start performing you out. Why else would companies across the board suddenly give you almost no help to run their business, yet find the time to provide a very nice accountability system all new and updated.....every company is doing it.....it's literally a fast track to to fire you these days.....It's hiding in plain sight.....read between the lines. They will not continue to pay people like me 70/hr to be a PIC or someone else 65+ to be a staff, they just wont. But how do you overturn your current pharmacist stock and restock it with the lower pay rates? do exactly as i mentioned above, which IS being done.....by every company. You can no longer hold a job, this will continue until they dont need us , or find a way to make us PRN at 30$ an hour.....something like that. No one really knows what the retail landscape will be in 3-5 years, but it's not gonna be pretty....

Maybe or maybe the companies just want to hold people accountable regardless of pay scale. It doesn't have to be some conspiracy to get rid of old-timers. In fact if they do systematically target old timers they are going to get sued so I guess ride it out as long as you can and then get in on that sweet, sweet class action lawsuit.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe or maybe the companies just want to hold people accountable regardless of pay scale. It doesn't have to be some conspiracy to get rid of old-timers. In fact if they do systematically target old timers they are going to get sued so I guess ride it out as long as you can and then get in on that sweet, sweet class action lawsuit.
They are not targeting Any group of people......they are targeting everyone.....You have to think.... it;s just smart business. they need to TURN OVER the current pharmacist stock in order to get to where you are paying CURRENT market value of a pharmacist. Why pay 50,000$ for a honda civic , when you know its a 21,000 car? right? same idea. We are no longer mercedes, lexus, and cadillac, pharmacists are becoming economy cars man....No conspiracy here, it's happening if you look closely at every company, and right before your eyes....And remember the cost of severance is huge......especially when rates drop for pharms twice a year and they see it go lower and lower.....they want to pay less for more....period...now, how do they achieve that? They can only afford X amount of layoffs right? which make it impossible and uncomfortable for the employees left behind to opreate...? correct? so then the domino effect occurs.....people jump ship. its happening everywhere....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users