CVS announces pay hikes.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
LINK

Did I wake up in a parallel universe?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Surely this isn't for pharmacists. The article mentions increasing starting pay to $11/hr. That sounds like a good PR move coupled with necessity since unemployment is so low and companies are actually having to compete for employees these days.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The stock price is still in freefall.

From the article:

"CVS Health has continued to invest in a wide range of benefits and programs that speak to the company's commitment to helping employees better manage their physical and financial health, as well as their work/life balance..."

LOL. Work/life balance? What is that?

My hours recently got cut to 32.5/week base at the LTC owned by the three-letter and yet I still am required to work 5-6 days per week plus take on call after hours.

Maybe they should learn to pay attention to their employees instead of the stock holders.

Reactions: 3 users
Starting wage is barely above my state's minimum wage; & I was hoping there would be some incentive to expand technician life span rather than continually making staff RPh having to train up N00Bies...

Reactions: 4 users
Surely this isn't for pharmacists. The article mentions increasing starting pay to $11/hr. That sounds like a good PR move coupled with necessity since unemployment is so low and companies are actually having to compete for employees these days.

Exactly. The text in the press release only mentions wage increases for hourly employees. :/

With the pay raises that everyone is seeming to get, I think we can upgrade from canned off-brand to Wolf Brand Chili. We can splurge a little, live it up.

I saw a chili brand in Sam's Club that was advertising it as "all meat, no beans," but is that even something that people want? I kind of identify chili as being bean inclusive...

Reactions: 1 user
I saw a chili brand in Sam's Club that was advertising it as "all meat, no beans," but is that even something that people want? I kind of identify chili as being bean inclusive...

Apparently you've never been to Texas.

Reactions: 2 users
LINK

Did I wake up in a parallel universe?
They will raise wages but cut hours. They already started deep cuts at my store. We used to have 2 tech on Sat and Sun. Now we have 1 and 1/2 tech on Sat and only 1 tech on Sunday. Our overall hours were cut by 15% so far after the new year. This is just the left hand taking from the right hand.

Apparently you've never been to Texas.

Agreed. There is a dish called chili and there is a dish called beans. There is a meal that consists of chili and beans (cooked separately, mixed in a bowl by the consumer). But in no way should beans be considered a component of chili. Blasphemy

Members don't see this ad :)
They will raise wages but cut hours. They already started deep cuts at my store. We used to have 2 tech on Sat and Sun. Now we have 1 and 1/2 tech on Sat and only 1 tech on Sunday. Our overall hours were cut by 15% so far after the new year. This is just the left hand taking from the right hand.

pfft. they do that every year.

I make my chili with beef, black beans, pinto beans, and white beans and it's delicious. Y'all haters.

I make my chili with beef, black beans, pinto beans, and white beans and it's delicious. Y'all haters.
You probably have so much gas the US wants to invade.

Hopefully this means fewer tech hours.

No peppers?

I make chili w 1 kg ground beef (seasoned with McCormick chili mix, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, 5 cloves garlic, 2 onions), 2 cans pinto beans, 2 cans red kidney beans, 2 cans pink beans, 4 jalapeno peppers, 4 serrano peppers, 2 bell peppers, 2 habenero peppers.

Walmart just emailed us saying because other places stopped raises and bonuses they are restructuring merit increases. Solid performer (what everyone gets) regardless of how hard you bust your ass decreases from 2% down to 1%, basically from 1$ down to 50 cents. Last year it was project H2O to make everyone go salary to never have to pay time and a half overtime and also starting pay was lowered at the same time for new hires...

The email said static $0.50 increase for SP, so definitely not beating inflation.

I wouldn't be surprised if annual bonus is the next to be targeted

This is all a distraction. Tax breaks, pay "hikes", bonuses* - while you're looking at that, your pocket is being picked. Worse yet, all of your kids' savings and piggybanks are being robbed. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

*for ~2% of people

Yeah, we know. We live in a plutocracy.

But usually CVS doesn't even throw peanuts at us. So this is sort of noteworthy. I'll accept my peanut.

This is all a distraction. Tax breaks, pay "hikes", bonuses* - while you're looking at that, your pocket is being picked. Worse yet, all of your kids' savings and piggybanks are being robbed. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

*for ~2% of people

*spacecowgirl casts Cringe-aga*

*9999 dmg*

Yeah, we know. We live in a plutocracy.

But usually CVS doesn't even throw peanuts at us. So this is sort of noteworthy. I'll accept my peanut.

Yeah exactly. Hard to complain when they attempt to do some good. When it comes down to it, keeping insurance premiums the same will only save you what, a couple dollars pre tax each month? But at least they're giving every FT employee a little benefit, it's not like they can just give raises to every Rph.

Also giving 4 weeks of paid leave for newborn kids is nice. I feel like that should be the norm for big companies to offer that but hey it's a start.

Sometimes they surprise ya. I was shocked when I got a 20% pay raise when we switched from Target to CVS. So yeah so far I can't really complain much about the company.

Has anyone else heard that union stores are not getting this raise?