CVS California Health benefits

Started by wucool33
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wucool33

New Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I'm currently looking at all the options for health benefits for a CVS pharmacist in California and I'm not sure which one to pick. I'm a 29 yo healthy guy with only a vision problem. I know it's deducted on a pre-tax basis, so I know I want the premium vision plan, but other than that, I'm lost. Should I just pick the cheapest medical plan and call it a day?

Thanks for any input in advance!
 
I would look at the high deductible option. That will allow you to save an additional 2-3k tax free in a health care savings account. This money can be withdrawn same as a traditional 401k during retirement (ie taxable), or withdrawn tax free for any medical need at any time over your lifetime. Copays, long term care babies, etc.
 
I would look at the high deductible option. That will allow you to save an additional 2-3k tax free in a health care savings account. This money can be withdrawn same as a traditional 401k during retirement (ie taxable), or withdrawn tax free for any medical need at any time over your lifetime. Copays, long term care babies, etc.

Thank you 🙂 I will look into it.