You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CVS Corporate Community Residency Program
Started by owlegrad
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rite Aid has like 5-7 community residencies. Said they had 20h/wk of "staffing" and the rest between projects and teaching. Also said they hired ~90% of their residents.
Rite Aid has like 5-7 community residencies. Said they had 20h/wk of "staffing" and the rest between projects and teaching. Also said they hired ~90% of their residents.
You like Rite Aid, huh?
I'd work for CVS and WAG personally... they have better benefits, opportunity and more pay (more stress also). They are still growing... On the other hand, Rite Aid, a third player at best, has no growth/no profit due to excessive debt and crappy management... They can't compete with the others. To put it in analogy, Rite Aid is a Blackberry vs Google Android/Apple... no chance of winning.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You like Rite Aid, huh?
I'd work for CVS and WAG personally... they have better benefits, opportunity and more pay (more stress also). They are still growing... On the other hand, Rite Aid, a third player at best, has no growth/no profit due to excessive debt and crappy management... They can't compete with the others. To put it in analogy, Rite Aid is a Blackberry vs Google Android/Apple... no chance of winning.
👍 Pharmacy is stressful enough. I dont want to have even more stress added a few years down the line wondering if my store will be closed or not from CVS buying me up.
Thankfully, not all community residencies are like that. I spend 40% of my time at a university and 60% in the community (split between the community pharmacy and a health clinic). In the past month, I have spent <5 hours in the pharmacy.
What happens once you're done with the residency?
Thankfully, not all community residencies are like that. I spend 40% of my time at a university and 60% in the community (split between the community pharmacy and a health clinic). In the past month, I have spent <5 hours in the pharmacy.
Kroger/FM I am guessing?
Bumping this out of curiosity...
How is this different than the Emerging Leaders program?
How is this different than the Emerging Leaders program?
You know I really do not know what to say about this. What the hell could you possibly get out of a CVS Corporate Community Residency Program? How to sell your soul while destroying the profession of pharmacy all so your ready fill, PDQ, KPM and R2D2 scoring metrics are high enough to score a sweet bonus?
I suppose the first half of it could be spent at a sleezy used car dealership learning the tricks of the trade. There is a lot of cross over between the jobs. Pushing stupid programs onto people who do not need or want them just to make a quota. Just like a slick used car salesman trying to sell you the special undercoating and fabric protector.
30% could be spent learning how to bend the law as far as possible with out breaking it in order to meet metrics, script budget, sales quota's and metrics to maximize bonus potential. What to do when you do get caught breaking the law and how to to blame it on isolated individual failures while touting non-existant internal controls designed to prevent it.
I suppose 10% could be spent working the drive through at a busy McDonalds. A whole bunch of cross over here. Working retail pharmacy is just like working at McDonalds only people expect you to be faster and a mistake could kill someone.
10% could be spent on physical conditioning like bladder training to extend times to go pee to 14 hours. Building stamina to stand for 14 hours straight with only a Mountain Dew and a Snickers to eat.
I am not seing a lot of up side to this.
I suppose the first half of it could be spent at a sleezy used car dealership learning the tricks of the trade. There is a lot of cross over between the jobs. Pushing stupid programs onto people who do not need or want them just to make a quota. Just like a slick used car salesman trying to sell you the special undercoating and fabric protector.
30% could be spent learning how to bend the law as far as possible with out breaking it in order to meet metrics, script budget, sales quota's and metrics to maximize bonus potential. What to do when you do get caught breaking the law and how to to blame it on isolated individual failures while touting non-existant internal controls designed to prevent it.
I suppose 10% could be spent working the drive through at a busy McDonalds. A whole bunch of cross over here. Working retail pharmacy is just like working at McDonalds only people expect you to be faster and a mistake could kill someone.
10% could be spent on physical conditioning like bladder training to extend times to go pee to 14 hours. Building stamina to stand for 14 hours straight with only a Mountain Dew and a Snickers to eat.
I am not seing a lot of up side to this.
You know I really do not know what to say about this. What the hell could you possibly get out of a CVS Corporate Community Residency Program? How to sell your soul while destroying the profession of pharmacy all so your ready fill, PDQ, KPM and R2D2 scoring metrics are high enough to score a sweet bonus?
I suppose the first half of it could be spent at a sleezy used car dealership learning the tricks of the trade. There is a lot of cross over between the jobs. Pushing stupid programs onto people who do not need or want them just to make a quota. Just like a slick used car salesman trying to sell you the special undercoating and fabric protector.
30% could be spent learning how to bend the law as far as possible with out breaking it in order to meet metrics, script budget, sales quota's and metrics to maximize bonus potential. What to do when you do get caught breaking the law and how to to blame it on isolated individual failures while touting non-existant internal controls designed to prevent it.
I suppose 10% could be spent working the drive through at a busy McDonalds. A whole bunch of cross over here. Working retail pharmacy is just like working at McDonalds only people expect you to be faster and a mistake could kill someone.
10% could be spent on physical conditioning like bladder training to extend times to go pee to 14 hours. Building stamina to stand for 14 hours straight with only a Mountain Dew and a Snickers to eat.
I am not seing a lot of up side to this.
Mountain this was so damn good the only way it could've been better is if it rhymed like haiku. I'm thinking of making this post my tag line it is so f-ing funny.
You know I really do not know what to say about this. What the hell could you possibly get out of a CVS Corporate Community Residency Program? How to sell your soul while destroying the profession of pharmacy all so your ready fill, PDQ, KPM and R2D2 scoring metrics are high enough to score a sweet bonus?
I suppose the first half of it could be spent at a sleezy used car dealership learning the tricks of the trade. There is a lot of cross over between the jobs. Pushing stupid programs onto people who do not need or want them just to make a quota. Just like a slick used car salesman trying to sell you the special undercoating and fabric protector.
30% could be spent learning how to bend the law as far as possible with out breaking it in order to meet metrics, script budget, sales quota's and metrics to maximize bonus potential. What to do when you do get caught breaking the law and how to to blame it on isolated individual failures while touting non-existant internal controls designed to prevent it.
I suppose 10% could be spent working the drive through at a busy McDonalds. A whole bunch of cross over here. Working retail pharmacy is just like working at McDonalds only people expect you to be faster and a mistake could kill someone.
10% could be spent on physical conditioning like bladder training to extend times to go pee to 14 hours. Building stamina to stand for 14 hours straight with only a Mountain Dew and a Snickers to eat.
I am not seing a lot of up side to this.
:beer:
Mountain this was so damn good the only way it could've been better is if it rhymed like haiku. I'm thinking of making this post my tag line it is so f-ing funny.
Haiku doesn't rhyme
Haiku For Mountain:
Script budget, quotas
Metrics all sucking my soul
CVS killed me
Script budget, quotas
Metrics all sucking my soul
CVS killed me
My bladder is full
Corporate won't buy me diapers
the phone rings again
Corporate won't buy me diapers
the phone rings again
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I knew mountain wouldn't disappoint.
My bladder is full
Corporate won't buy me diapers
the phone rings again
Thats awesome! You are on a roll!!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K