CVS COVID SUPPORT PHARMACIST

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sfachine

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an offer from CVS as a temp COVID vaccine immunizer.No interview with just a phone screen.Does any CVS minion have any info about these positions.They are popping up all over. Screener said most initial work is offsite.

Members don't see this ad.

Would like to know as well! Are they going to vaccinate you first before you start giving vaccine to others? Did they say anything about that?

What are they payin'? $15/hr?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would like to know as well! Are they going to vaccinate you first before you start giving vaccine to others? Did they say anything about that?
The guy said we would be like roving teams immunizing high risk groups (nursing homes).He said steady work for 3 months then it will done on a more widespread basis in stores.No retail counter work..I can't imagine not getting a vaccine before starting.

The guy said we would be like roving teams immunizing high risk groups (nursing homes).He said steady work for 3 months then it will done on a more widespread basis in stores.No retail counter work..I can't imagine not getting a vaccine before starting.
Yep totally, did they say how many hours per week? I am thinking about applying but scared of risk that comes with it?

I asked him and he informed me it would tend towards a more full time for the 3 months.Training would be paid and be able to be done at home,He said they wanted to be up and running in 3 weeks so they are in a hurry..Apply.You got nothin to lose .Let me know.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm pretty sure they will let you have the vaccine first before dispatching you to those nursing homes.

Reactions: 1 user
Look, I bet DMs probably don't know much. All they want are people to use when and if they need. Flu shot season multiplied. It was rather messy. Techs were stressed out covering extra hours. Pharmacists, staff and seasonal, were working many days in a row just to cover 4 hour shifts. Logistics of what's coming is going to be a nightmare. They did a decent job with off-site flu shot clinics but we are talking about 3-5 per store.

Is federal government officially subsidizing these vaccinations? If so, in the name of public health, you might get 50-60 hours a week.

• Wow
Look, I bet DMs probably don't know much. All they want are people to use when and if they need. Flu shot season multiplied. It was rather messy. Techs were stressed out covering extra hours. Pharmacists, staff and seasonal, were working many days in a row just to cover 4 hour shifts. Logistics of what's coming is going to be a nightmare. They did a decent job with off-site flu shot clinics but we are talking about 3-5 per store.

Is federal government officially subsidizing these vaccinations? If so, in the name of public health, you might get 50-60 hours a week.
I was with them until last month, I did 50 + shots every day I was there. It was so busy. I am assuming this is going to be busy too. I wonder if they gonna pay OT for anything above 30 hours.

Media will definitely be following this rollout with keen eyes so now it the chance for them to see the lines, hear the phones, and watch how hurried we are in trying to jump from one thing to another.

• Hmm
  • Love
I was with them until last month, I did 50 + shots every day I was there. It was so busy. I am assuming this is going to be busy too. I wonder if they gonna pay OT for anything above 30 hours.
why would they pay OT above 30 lol

Members don't see this ad :)
In California you would be considered an hourly employee pursuant to IWC wage order #4 and anything over 8 in a work day (unless on an alternative 10h/d schedule) and 40 in a workweek is paid at 1.5x (2x if over 12 hours in a workday) regardless of FT/PT classification

Last edited:
Lol 30 is considered full time at cvs. In CA, anything above 30 is over time. That’s what I heard. Someone from CA, please correct me.

I thought you were from california too but yeah what sine said

In California you would be considered an hourly employee pursuant to IWC wage order #4 and anything over 8 in a work day (unless on an alternative 10h/d schedule) and 40 in a workweek is paid at 1.5x (2x if over 12 hours in a workday) regardless of FT/PT classification
Somehow I have gotten OT when I worked over 30 hours from time to time.

we have had float rphs scheduled to our stores as overlap to strictly do flu (and other) immunizing since flu seasons started

they come set up, give shots and then blend into workflow when there is no one there to get shots

I guess this is different since you are getting non-retail (LTC facilities etc.) sites. It doesnt sound terrible on the surface .. I dunno, do it? :shrug:

if this is your first and only job, i wonder what you put under job responsibilities for this position in your resume? do you just put, administered vaccines in nursing home?

if this is your first and only job, i wonder what you put under job responsibilities for this position in your resume? do you just put, administered vaccines in nursing home?
You could at least pull some of the job description.
-support the Pharmacy Manager in leading and direct your Pharmacy Technician Support Staff
-accountable for supporting the management, oversight and operation of all aspects within your pharmacy
-balancing assignments that maximize colleagues’ strengths, address development opportunities and decrease knowledge gaps
-Identify critical business opportunities and contribute to the development of meaningful solutions to drive growth and improve performance in your pharmacy

etc.

You'd have to make sure you could defend it in an interview later but you could find enough to at least pass through initial HR screening.

You could at least pull some of the job description.
-support the Pharmacy Manager in leading and direct your Pharmacy Technician Support Staff
-accountable for supporting the management, oversight and operation of all aspects within your pharmacy
-balancing assignments that maximize colleagues’ strengths, address development opportunities and decrease knowledge gaps
-Identify critical business opportunities and contribute to the development of meaningful solutions to drive growth and improve performance in your pharmacy

etc.

You'd have to make sure you could defend it in an interview later but you could find enough to at least pass through initial HR screening.
Yeah i figured lol. I just want to see how creative people will get when they get interviewed for a new position with only this on their resume.

I would actually like an answer to this question, Are we as pharmacists going to be considered in the "medical personnel" group of first to get the vaccine. Because that will let me know where we stand. CVS is a scummy corporation and unless they have told you about getting vaccinated , they will probably send you anywhere they can make some money without even considering your safety against the virus. I can see them doing that. But over-all are WE going to get it first? i read the CDC classification of healthcare worker when they voted Tuesday and agreed and it would seem as though we fit the bill. let me know what you find out.

If I heard my DL correctly, people who are doing the clinics would be offer the vaccine if they're interested in getting it. But I jump on close to the end of the call and was busy ringing at the register so take that with a grain of salt. Pay differentials was also mentioned but that's when I jumped on so I didn't really catch what was said and didn't care enough to ask.

It seems they do expect cvs people doing this to get weekly test. Not sure if anything can be deducted from this. I am more concerned about exposure than during the flu shot season. The cases are spiking big time. I did plenty of flu shots, but why weekly testing all of a sudden. Is it because we are going into nursing homes? Definitely lack of communication so far.

It seems they do expect cvs people doing this to get weekly test. Not sure if anything can be deducted from this. I am more concerned about exposure than during the flu shot season. The cases are spiking big time. I did plenty of flu shots, but why weekly testing all of a sudden. Is it because we are going into nursing homes? Definitely lack of communication so far.
Weekly testing for pharmacist doing covid vaccines?

I would actually like an answer to this question, Are we as pharmacists going to be considered in the "medical personnel" group of first to get the vaccine. Because that will let me know where we stand. CVS is a scummy corporation and unless they have told you about getting vaccinated , they will probably send you anywhere they can make some money without even considering your safety against the virus. I can see them doing that. But over-all are WE going to get it first? i read the CDC classification of healthcare worker when they voted Tuesday and agreed and it would seem as though we fit the bill. let me know what you find out.
True that about cvs. idk I haven’t applied but I want to find out before I apply. I am worried about the exposure.

Weekly testing for pharmacist doing covid vaccines?
LTC facilities aren’t going to let you in the building unless you can show a recent negative test. So if they want to give a vaccine there they will have to get tested often.

LTC facilities aren’t going to let you in the building unless you can show a recent negative test. So if they want to give a vaccine there they will have to get tested often.
I am fine with testing but more concerned about exposure there. So is cvs going to vaccinate all Rph before they send them to all this facilities? The state I am in right now has big spike in cases and I am sure there is lot of outbreak in nursing homes around here.

I applied randomly last night. Figured I can add something to my part time job. I got a hirevue invite today.

My concern is, even if they offered us the vaccine first, how are the adverse effects gonna be like? The process has been rushed this entire time. It makes me question safety and efficacy.

I applied randomly last night. Figured I can add something to my part time job. I got a hirevue invite today.

My concern is, even if they offered us the vaccine first, how are the adverse effects gonna be like? The process has been rushed this entire time. It makes me question safety and efficacy.
Lol I will wait until people give out first batch of vaccine and watch how it would play out and then apply.

Lol I will wait until people give out first batch of vaccine and watch how it would play out and then apply.

I’d wanna get it after the first batch too idk what kinda PPE CVS will provide but I have an N95 at my current job that I don’t use so maybe I can use that if anything

I’d wanna get it after the first batch too idk what kinda PPE CVS will provide but I have an N95 at my current job that I don’t use so maybe I can use that if anything
Lol they won’t give you N95. they didn’t give us when pandemic broke out. Pretty sure it’s up to pharmacist to get on their own expense.

Yeah good luck doing those nursing homes without proper PPE... I personally wouldn't go into a LTC facility without a HAZMAT suit....

I would get KN95 or KF94 respirators if you cannot get N95s. Just have to make sure they are not counterfeits.

You get N95 and a face shield for immunizations. They let you have one N95 per week, and 1 surgical per day. It is not really much of an issue anymore. They actually want you to keep working.

You get N95 and a face shield for immunizations. They let you have one N95 per week, and 1 surgical per day. It is not really much of an issue anymore. They actually want you to keep working.
If you get the vaccine the level of importance of PPE goes way down.

I read on one pharmacy page on FB that there is 500 $ referral bonus when you refer pharmacist for covid vaccine program at cvs. Lol 😂

I posted this on another thread, but figured I'll repost it here too.

I've been contacted by 6 different staffing agencies now and by CVS directly. They have an ambitious timeline. Hoping to start vaccinations starting 12/14 with ~8 members per team going out to facilities (mix of techs and pharmacists). Contract is until March with possible extension. There will be a designated staff pharmacist that will provide PPE. I didn't ask if they were going to give us the vaccine first or what kind of PPE they're providing. Will have to ask that next time.

PNW area offers:
CVS directly - $50, this is stupid considering they may be asking you to drive up to 75 miles (anything above 30 mi is reimbursed). I saw an email saying they have hazard pay, but if $50 is with hazard pay already. Not worth the risk.
Agency rate 1: $57, the recruiter said he can put whatever rate I want to ask for but they've been denying the higher rates.
Agency rate 2: $65

I've been contacted by 6 different staffing agencies now and by CVS directly. They have an ambitious timeline. Hoping to start vaccinations starting 12/14 with ~8 members per team going out to facilities (mix of techs and pharmacists). Contract is until March with possible extension. There will be a designated staff pharmacist that will provide PPE. I didn't ask if they were going to give us the vaccine first or what kind of PPE they're providing. Will have to ask that next time.

PNW area offers:
CVS directly - $50, this is stupid considering they may be asking you to drive up to 75 miles (anything above 30 mi is reimbursed). I saw an email saying they have hazard pay, but if $50 is with hazard pay already. Not worth the risk.
Agency rate 1: $57, the recruiter said he can put whatever rate I want to ask for but they've been denying the higher rates.
So CVs also hired agency to recruit people? 51 is their staff pay this year in AZ. So if they paying 50 for covid vaccine it’s not worth it.

I can't see them starting that soon. First the immunizers and other workers will need to get the vaccine.I am not going and I am sure they dont want us in a LTC without a vaccine.They haven't even finished the hiring process let alone the training. .LTC facilities also tend to empty out for the holidays. 51 is not great but it is not retail either.

I can't see it either but they will start as soon as FDA approves it and the shipment is here. Companies already started shipping it to different states. If CVS has to pull people off the bench and find innovative ways to run skeleton crews in retail to give these shots, they will. This is probably a gold mine for them. Profit margins!

Why is Walgreens ,Rite Aid or any other grocery chain involved?

PNW area offers:

Which staffing agencies contacted you? I got those too but decided to just apply through CVS 🥲

Which staffing agencies contacted you? I got those too but decided to just apply through CVS 🥲
Integrated Resources
Apidel Tech
Total Med
Haley Marketing
There were a few more but I need to dig through emails for them.

Integrated Resources
Apidel Tech
Total Med
Haley Marketing
There were a few more but I need to dig through emails for them.

Mine were all from indeed

US Tech solutions
Managed staffing
The CSI companies

I didn’t respond to any of them. Sometimes I’m skeptical about these recruiters

Are all states doing mandatory vaccine tracking for those getting the vaccine? In PA here, and have to do mandatory training prior to getting credentials to log in to the reporting site. The conspiracy people are gonna love being tracked....