CVS discontinues premium pay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MV777

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting in 2018, if you work over 44 hours a week, you will no longer be eligible for "premium pay"

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Starting in 2018, if you work over 44 hours a week, you will no longer be eligible for "premium pay" and you'll just earn your hourly rate. Wonder what it was ever like a few years ago when pharmacists actually got time and a half for OT. Long gone now

NO WAY, they cant do that?

Members don't see this ad :)
oh okay i was confused for a second. thank goodness i live in california

Thank goodness I never work that much. I enjoy my days off.

Reactions: 6 users
lol, they'll be struggling to find people to work those extra shifts in lots of districts (non major cities obv.)

Reactions: 1 user
The "premium pay" was already a pittance. I wonder how much cost savings they are really going to see by doing this. If pharmacists were smart they would refuse to pickup any shifts until until they reverse this decision.

Reactions: 3 users
The "premium pay" was already a pittance. I wonder how much cost savings they are really going to see by doing this. If pharmacists were smart they would refuse to pickup any shifts until until they reverse this decision.
Blah blah "new grads" blah blah "200k+ loans" blah blah "lucky to even have a job" etc.

Reactions: 5 users

For me it was more of an ego thing even if only 6$. Knowing I was earning ten times what I did ten years ago was motivating to rake in more hours and money.
I miss CVS sometimes. So many vacant shifts...even more coming soon

Reactions: 1 user
Kinda jealous....we don't have many vacant shifts here.