CVS - How long can you not work before removed from the system?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cakezyum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a student pharmacist intern at CVS and I plan to not work (paid) till 5 weeks. However, a pharmacists told me that it's 4 weeks but my PIC said 6 weeks. I work in Illinois if that changes anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I would contact HR about a leave of absence

I believe it is 6 pay periods. You have to be paid at least once in that 6 pay periods. so it works out to be 12 weeks. so you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waaaaaay back when I was an intern we were told every 4 weeks or we would be removed from the system 'automatically'. In reality, being separated was basically a myth. We used to joke around and ask each other how much longer we could stay on board without working. I think the record was like 3 or 4 months.

Waaaaaay back when I was an intern we were told every 4 weeks or we would be removed from the system 'automatically'. In reality, being separated was basically a myth. We used to joke around and ask each other how much longer we could stay on board without working. I think the record was like 3 or 4 months.

Lol this is true.

You can certainly be "removed" from the system (i.e. your vacation hours/seniority gets reset), but you'd only be placed in the recycle bin (that probably never gets cleared).

I actually didn't work for nearly a year (from one summer to the next) and I was still able to get back in. It's a lot easier for them to just pull up a file that has already been set up (but inactive) then to set up an entirely new applicant file.

With all that being said, I think the magic number is ~45 days until you get dumped into the recycle bin.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email in December saying you will be auto terminated if you don't work once every 60 days starting in 2018. Apparently it was 120 days for interns previously.