CVS is closing pharmacies inside some target stores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libra08

Probationary Status
Reaction score
IMG_3093.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Whew yeah, keep them old folks away from Targets….like we NEED youngin’ person only hotspots (one of the few places I go to where customer base in primarily a younger demographic)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's only a few dozen super slow Target stores apparently.
In AZ, there were Targets/CVS that did less than 4,000 scripts a year. I interned with one of them for clerkship (91st Ave and Northern). You go nuts in the pre smartphone era.

Reactions: 1 users
It's also trying to divest from Omnicare. Apparenlty, CVS is in the non-secular growth, buyout phase, like ATT and GE.

In AZ, there were Targets/CVS that did less than 4,000 scripts a year. I interned with one of them for clerkship (91st Ave and Northern). You go nuts in the pre smartphone era.
I used to float at a <40 rx store every now and then. It was insanely boring

Why did they buy out these companies in the first place?

It's also trying to divest from Omnicare. Apparenlty, CVS is in the non-secular growth, buyout phase, like ATT and GE.
Was trying to… they recently said they don’t see this happening anymore.

So instead they are laying off and closing a bunch

And has a debt rollover that's a 4% spread. That's going to hurt.
I heard they decided to shut down some locations, but not sell. My friend was there for the takeover. Allowed errors went from 1/1000 to 1/10000. They had to clear the dashboard, impossible with insurance shut off and overtime taboo.