Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys post hourly here all the time. Are you hourly or salary? If they give you 30 hours a week but you stay for 40 to help out, don't you get paid for 40?
Bro these corporations don’t care. At all.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You guys post hourly here all the time. Are you hourly or salary? If they give you 30 hours a week but you stay for 40 to help out, don't you get paid for 40?
This. It isn't called the red devil for nothing. I have seen many things happen at the red devil which I can not state here. However take a look at this official promo video for the company:You should be looking for a new job on your first day working at CVS.
your first paycheck at reddevil should come with a prescription for PaxilYou should be looking for a new job on your first day working at CVS.
It doesnt matter if you are salaried or not, you are still eligible for overtime if over 40 hours unless you are considered management.
![]()
Overtime Pay
An employer who requires or permits an employee to work overtime is generally required to pay the employee premium pay for such overtime work. Employees covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) must receive overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek of at least one and...www.dol.gov
You guys post hourly here all the time. Are you hourly or salary? If they give you 30 hours a week but you stay for 40 to help out, don't you get paid for 40?
Please note from 0:33 to 0:36 the pharmacists puts customer pills in her UNGLOVED BARE (most likely unwashed) hand before returning them back to the vial. Can anyone confirm is this is a OSHA or a U.S. Department of Health & Human Services violation? She needs to be wearing gloves if she is touching anything that is coming into contact with PATIENTS' mouths and the red devil is not following best practices here.
Now the district leader is telling us the job has be done even it means staying 2 to 3 hours over without pay .
Where’s Mr Corporate Pharmacist answer to 334 rxs on 16 tech hrs? Rah rah rah!
The challenge for a manager: how do you convert that chaos into $$ and smiley faces? Figure out how to do that, then fight for the autonomy to make sound business decisions aka spend $50 to call in an extra tech.
Um this was kind of the answer? See below
I guess you fight by getting written up for going over hours because the DM is getting written up for going over hours. Easy!
Yeah, we're the anti-social people who became too angry to tolerate retail anymore....LOLI read this as "long term care employees" and was thinking yeah we are hard to work with.![]()
I'd like to see someone show correlation between decreased tech hours/pharmacist overlap and increased dispensing errors via regression analysis. Haven't found someone who has access to this data yet.Even the state board of pharmacy cant touch cvs due to highly probable lobbying and kick backs.
Anyone whos been a pharmacist for a day knows how jacked up things are right now and it has been for awhile. Most pharmacists are probably worried about patient safety due to money driven practice of cvs yet the state board doesnt do anything about it. It is so obvious that theyre getting paid to stfu.
I'd like to see someone show correlation between decreased tech hours/pharmacist overlap and increased dispensing errors via regression analysis. Haven't found someone who has access to this data yet.
I'd like to see someone show correlation between decreased tech hours/pharmacist overlap and increased dispensing errors via regression analysis. Haven't found someone who has access to this data yet.
LoL what is the department of labor going to do against CVS?
You still play starcraft?
In my district 8 pharmacists left in the past 3 months . It keeps getting worse... . They expect great metrics while they drastically cut tech hours. Yesterday I filled 334 scripts with only 16 tech hours. Now the district leader is telling us the job has be done even it means staying 2 to 3 hours over without pay . I will leave as soon as I am able to find something.....
I commend you for even being able to do 334 scripts with two techs. I only do about 200 with two techs and that is with work still left in the queue. It comes down to the tech strength but meh, that is impressive. My store typically does 300-400+ a day and we have 3-4 techs a day.In my district 8 pharmacists left in the past 3 months . It keeps getting worse... . They expect great metrics while they drastically cut tech hours. Yesterday I filled 334 scripts with only 16 tech hours. Now the district leader is telling us the job has be done even it means staying 2 to 3 hours over without pay . I will leave as soon as I am able to find something.....
I commend you for even being able to do 334 scripts with two techs. I only do about 200 with two techs and that is with work still left in the queue. It comes down to the tech strength but meh, that is impressive. My store typically does 300-400+ a day and we have 3-4 techs a day.
I had a good tech at production....i asked her not do anything but production...i was doing qt,qv1,and data entry...she is fast ... she is a machine. it was a rough day.. ...I commend you for even being able to do 334 scripts with two techs. I only do about 200 with two techs and that is with work still left in the queue. It comes down to the tech strength but meh, that is impressive. My store typically does 300-400+ a day and we have 3-4 techs a day.
I have been on the bench for 10 years now.. 2 years ago i filled over 650 . But i had enough tech hours ...Yes is was a rough day no automation no kirby ....no...it was only possible thanks to a good tech whom i asked to focus on nothing but production...You can't just go by script count. Some people have a 200 pill ScriptPro, some 100 pill ScriptPro, some Kirby, some no automation at all. Half or more of those could be refills that you can whip through in verification. You may have more C2s and manual fills while they have mostly fast movers and inhalers. You may get more data entry, transfers, consults, antibiotics to mix. And of course foot traffic, drive thru and phone calls are hard to compare.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.