CVS... Kings of the World!

Started by Avelox
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fantastic. Now buy a state of the art computer system that WORKS, you CHEAP, LYING BASTARDS!!!
 
.....and retail pharmacy becomes even more pathetic of a career choice. In 10 years it will just be CVS, Rite Aid, and Wags in the Rx only department. By then the profession of retail pharmacy will have been destroyed even beyond what it is now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.....and retail pharmacy becomes even more pathetic of a career choice. In 10 years it will just be CVS, Rite Aid, and Wags in the Rx only department. By then the profession of retail pharmacy will have been destroyed even beyond what it is now.

The good news is that insurance companies will have less say in things.

The bad news being that retail companies are taking over insurance companies itself with other insurance companies not being able to compete with a blockbuster type of company (mail order + store), you will soon see a merger of the two greatest evils. Who would have thought.

I for one welcome our new overlords in anticipation.
 
Some day Walmart will buy ExpressScripts and then either GM or Ford. Then there will be Grocery/Department/mass fill pharmacy/optometry/car dealerships/optical stores in every town.

That's when I take my Mossberg 500, my Bushmaster AR-15, and 10 years worth of nonparishable food down into my bunker. I figure after 8 or so years, everyone will be dead and I'll have the world to myself.

Then it's unlimited games at D&B for free.

Yes....it's all going to plan.
 
Pathetic career choice huh? I guess there a lot of folks with bad taste out there.......... 🙄
 
D&B trip coming up Friday, and once again, it is what is keeping me going through the long work week.

Went today. Finally got the 1000 tickets on the damned Pirate Sword rotatey game thingy. I also broke 100 on the basketball game on pushback, too. I spent $50 and got about 10,000 tickets. That's going at a pretty damned good click. If I kept that up, I could get another PS3 at cost. Heh. I wish they built one in Mo'town. I get sick of driving up to the dark, dank, insidious city of Pittsburgh. I swear to God, if it wasn't home to the nearest D&B, Ikea, and airport, I'd have done plotted to blow it up by now.
 
Went today. Finally got the 1000 tickets on the damned Pirate Sword rotatey game thingy. I also broke 100 on the basketball game on pushback, too. I spent $50 and got about 10,000 tickets. That's going at a pretty damned good click. If I kept that up, I could get another PS3 at cost. Heh. I wish they built one in Mo'town. I get sick of driving up to the dark, dank, insidious city of Pittsburgh. I swear to God, if it wasn't home to the nearest D&B, Ikea, and airport, I'd have done plotted to blow it up by now.

10,000 tickets per $50, are these good bench marking numbers to live by? I am fairly certain I do not come close to that....yet.
 
.....and retail pharmacy becomes even more pathetic of a career choice. In 10 years it will just be CVS, Rite Aid, and Wags in the Rx only department. By then the profession of retail pharmacy will have been destroyed even beyond what it is now.

agreed...its all going to hell in a hand basket. Everday I think it is not possible this can get any worse and then there is the next day and the next and on and on.....
 
agreed...its all going to hell in a hand basket. Everday I think it is not possible this can get any worse and then there is the next day and the next and on and on.....

I envision the day where there will be "mobile" pharmacists dispatched to counsel at peoples' homes....and, sure, they'll bring a gallon of milk and a pack of tampons with them!

No, the end game is as few Pharmacists as possible in box, doing as little non-dispensing work as legally possible, with a machine doing as much work as possible with all of the work it CAN'T do being done by a sub-$10/hr worker doing as much over that as legally possible. Oh, it's sad...so very, very sad...
 
I envision the day where there will be "mobile" pharmacists dispatched to counsel at peoples' homes....and, sure, they'll bring a gallon of milk and a pack of tampons with them!

No, the end game is as few Pharmacists as possible in box, doing as little non-dispensing work as legally possible, with a machine doing as much work as possible with all of the work it CAN'T do being done by a sub-$10/hr worker doing as much over that as legally possible. Oh, it's sad...so very, very sad...
You're forgetting about customer service...
 
10,000 tickets per $50, are these good bench marking numbers to live by? I am fairly certain I do not come close to that....yet.

Starting out, I only got 3-4k. You will get better. The best I ever did was a tad under 25,000 on $100 when I had a 3-hour run on trivia where I was killin' it.

You have to learn all of the tricks. Like the Monopoly coin dropper where you have to turn all the lights on. You'll eventually learn to drop it when it's four lights away...and then you;ll start incorporating the timing on the machine next to it to time it right when all of the lights stay lit. Or you'll learn that banking the basketball is the only way to get it in the hoop consistently on the shooting game. Or that the clock game is EASILY the most tickets for your dollar. (40 tickets guaranteed on 1.9 credits once you get gold). If you want advice for a certain game...just ask...I've probably developed some sort of cheap, quasi-cheating mechanism to beat the system.

And then there is trivia. Go there looking as dumb as possible to attract people that think they are smart than everyone else on the planet to play you. The more people that play, the bigger the win bonus is. I typically show up in a John Deere Shirt and camo pants. The look on peoples' faces when I know what the capital of Iceland is....:laugh:

PS3 is only 95,000 or so tickets now. When I got it, the thing was 115,000. Getting it for under retail is POSSIBLE. You just have to be ridiculously good and lucky....and get other people to show up and fail so you can cash in on progressive jackpots.

If you ever go to Canada, check out the one in Toronto. Best one I've ever seen.
 
Last edited:
You're forgetting about customer service...

It's self serve. They scan in their own script and ring themselves out. The computer will answer the most common questions and *sigh* I GUESS a pharmacist that hasn't done anything clinical in 8 months might be in the basement somewhere to take care of the pesky legal responsibility of "counseling" you.

Ah, capitalism. My God, how it's failed the public health....

Speaking of Capitalism and such...

How about them Ruskies? They totally school the entire Western world this week with that Georgian stunt. Putin is a damned genius....made the US look like ****old pieces of has been crap.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's self serve. They scan in their own script and ring themselves out. The computer will answer the most common questions and *sigh* I GUESS a pharmacist that hasn't done anything clinical in 8 months might be in the basement somewhere to take care of the pesky legal responsibility of "counseling" you.

Ah, capitalism. My God, how it's failed the public health....

Speaking of Capitalism and such...

How about them Ruskies? They totally school the entire Western world this week with that Georgian stunt. Putin is a damned genius....made the US look like ****old pieces of has been crap.
I don't watch tv or read newspapers WVU. So... I don't know what goes on anymore, by choice. I would prefer to make myself "clueless" to the dysfunctions of society, e.g. gossip and screwed-up politics.


Lately, I've been interested in living. I want to live in a peaceful place with enough beauty and culture to make it feel like there's a reason to step outside of my house. I've been looking into desirable cities in the US and smaller countries with higher qualities of living. If I ever decide to move on such a whim, I'll have to have enough money saved up to live freely.
 
I don't watch tv or read newspapers WVU. So... I don't know what goes on anymore, by choice. I would prefer to make myself "clueless" to the dysfunctions of society, e.g. gossip and screwed-up politics.

Oh, the Russians invaded Georgia. Not the state, though. The country. It's a proxy powerplay to make their fiat currency pegged to oil. Of course if you watched the news, they seem to be portraying it as those darned crazy Ruskies and their crazy Red Army invading random countries for no danged reason.


Lately, I've been interested in living. I want to live in a peaceful place with enough beauty and culture to make it feel like there's a reason to step outside of my house. I've been looking into desirable cities in the US and smaller countries with higher qualities of living. If I ever decide to move on such a whim, I'll have to have enough money saved up to live freely.

See, that's why I live in Morgantown, West Virginia. If you break down on the road, people stop to help. I know all of my neighbors. I know what they do, I know what their kids do. If they noticed that my door was open and none of my cars were home, they'd come take a looksie to make sure nothing funny is going on. They invite me over for hamburger on the grill. You can buy a house for a reasonable amount of money. You can leave your car unlocked...hell, you can leave your HOUSE unlocked. It's 1950s attitude in a New Century town. Hell, look at me, I make a tad under six figs and I drive a high mileage Taurus and live in a trailer. Simple gifts, baby. That's all I need. Especially with the internet. Amusement is a mouseclick away. But, nah, I'm catchin' what you're throwin...I guess I just don't bury my head in the sand because I'm a kind of a Sartrian existentialist that finds absurdity in everything. Rather, I'm entertained by the pointlessness of life. I embrace it.

I'm dead serious though...if you want simplicity to the point where it can only be described as zealous antipretentiousness...check out West By God. I don't know why they hell I ever thought of moving away. I've got it way too good here, honestly. Save some money, build me one of those wide-open A-frame log homes on a plot right outside of town...serenity...build me a hammock, mix a pitcher of sweat tea, and hook me up a wifi connection. Hells yeah....
 
Oh, the Russians invaded Georgia. Not the state, though. The country. It's a proxy powerplay to make their fiat currency pegged to oil. Of course if you watched the news, they seem to be portraying it as those darned crazy Ruskies and their crazy Red Army invading random countries for no danged reason.

.................

See, that's why I live in Morgantown, West Virginia. If you break down on the road, people stop to help. I know all of my neighbors. I know what they do, I know what their kids do. If they noticed that my door was open and none of my cars were home, they'd come take a looksie to make sure nothing funny is going on. They invite me over for hamburger on the grill. You can buy a house for a reasonable amount of money. You can leave your car unlocked...hell, you can leave your HOUSE unlocked. It's 1950s attitude in a New Century town. Hell, look at me, I make a tad under six figs and I drive a high mileage Taurus and live in a trailer. Simple gifts, baby. That's all I need. Especially with the internet. Amusement is a mouseclick away. But, nah, I'm catchin' what you're throwin...I guess I just don't bury my head in the sand because I'm a kind of a Sartrian existentialist that finds absurdity in everything. Rather, I'm entertained by the pointlessness of life. I embrace it.
The less I involve myself with the rat race, the more content I am.

When I look back into the past, the good memories that I have almost always relate to people, places, and events. School and work are a part of my life, but they carry very little weight in the grand scheme of things. Therefore, I've been putting more effort into my life, in general, because that's what matters above all.
I'm dead serious though...if you want simplicity to the point where it can only be described as zealous antipretentiousness...check out West By God. I don't know why they hell I ever thought of moving away. I've got it way too good here, honestly. Save some money, build me one of those wide-open A-frame log homes on a plot right outside of town...serenity...build me a hammock, mix a pitcher of sweat tea, and hook me up a wifi connection. Hells yeah....
I'll have to look into that book. I need that kind of a catalyst right now.

A-frame houses are really cool. They're strong, too. Interior decorating is kind of tricky, but it's a fun challenge.
There's a book at Barnes and Nobles devoted to A-frames. I browsed through it 9 months or so ago. The book may still be for sale in the architecture/home design part of the store. 🙂
 
Nah. Rite Aid won't be able to compete 'cause they won't have an insurance company in their pocket...it'll just be Wags and CVS in the end. They'll split up Rite Aid's stores...sorta like hyenas taking down weakened prey!

Darwin at its worst.