CVS Mandatory Conf Call and Meetings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FarmD711

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
CVS regional manager is having conference calls with all store managers and Pharmacy Managers this Friday. They were very specific that these calls may NOT be on speakerphone. Described as “exciting news for our colleagues”

These are followed up by mandatory meetings with our District Leaders next week.

Anyone have any idea what’s going on? Rumors I’ve heard include wage increases for techs across the board (which would shock me to be honest) or paid parental leave.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe something about opioids. Walmart made some big announcement last week (had special conf call first) and maybe cvs is following similar announcement. Mandatory training, new restrictions, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone nationwide has to do it, I guess. I've heard through the grapevine that it's about the wage increases, paternity leave, etc. This was already announced months ago publicly, so I have no idea why they are all cloak and dagger about it, but whatever. My region's call is Friday, too.

Reactions: 1 user
Wage increases, and front store structure changes. All shifts now will be $14/hr plus 2% of years of service. Honestly for RPH’s this doesn’t mean jack. There wages get higher ours stays the same.

Wage increases, and front store structure changes. All shifts now will be $14/hr plus 2% of years of service. Honestly for RPH’s this doesn’t mean jack. There wages get higher ours stays the same.

Can you elaborate on the"plus 2% years of service" part? 2% of what?

I'm a P4 and still make less than I did running a cash register at a restaurant 4 years ago. 100% serious

I wish they would stop cutting tech hours instead.

CVS regional manager is having conference calls with all store managers and Pharmacy Managers this Friday. They were very specific that these calls may NOT be on speakerphone. Described as “exciting news for our colleagues”

These are followed up by mandatory meetings with our District Leaders next week.

Anyone have any idea what’s going on? Rumors I’ve heard include wage increases for techs across the board (which would shock me to be honest) or paid parental leave.

They are going to cut back tech hours some more and do more PCQ calls, they just want to create hype.

Reactions: 1 users

What is the big announcement?

Increased rates for techs under some new minimum. Didn’t say what it is. Also other increases for techs above the minimum based on tenure.

The call was big on fluff and short on details.

Hahahahah, how ****ing stupid can CVS get?

They're going to increase the hourly rate, yet still keep tech hours below what is necessary to run the pharmacy. What a joke.

Hahahahah, how ****ing stupid can CVS get?

They're going to increase the hourly rate, yet still keep tech hours below what is necessary to run the pharmacy. What a joke.

The factual reason they are increasing wages for techs is because they have too high of turnover. Who in the world is going to work as a CVS tech for $9.85/hour when you can make that at any other retail establishment and not have near the stress.

The factual reason they are increasing wages for techs is because they have too high of turnover. Who in the world is going to work as a CVS tech for $9.85/hour when you can make that at any other retail establishment and not have near the stress.
My little brother pushes carts at Walmart and gets paid $10. You are right, CVS cannot attract nor keep talent. Maybe pharmacist will put up with them but that is because we are debt slaves. A tech isn't deep in debt. Plus hospitals and LTC pay much more.

Hospital tech rate in Northern NJ is currently $20/hr.