CVS "Market visit" - What to expect?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lexington2012

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed with CVS and now they want me to do a weekend "Market visit."

I've been told by others that this is pretty much required to get a job with them. Is this true? What can I expect? Is it really just a visit or are they secretly evaluating you?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have only heard this term used when DM/Sup from different area/region visited our district. In that case, your own supervisor would have another supervisor with them as they visit the store. They would grill the pharmacist on workflow, metrics, etc. They might have had some interns/rotation students with them. My info is dated though.

My guess is you are probably shadowing your supervisor as they do their store visits.