You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CVS new grad offers - any negotiation room?
Started by Lexington2012
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not likely.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are a new grad. What are you offering that an employer could possibly want besides a pulse?I got an offer letter from CVS.
Is the wage listed on the new grad letters their final offer? I am tempted to ask if they could do a little better on the hourly wage.
Actually, for me, it worked the other way: I accepted an offer last November that listed a specific hourly rate. Fast forward to the month of May, and I'm talking to my super about store placement/hours and what not, and he mentions that the hourly rate for my area actually went up by about five dollars.
Exactly, nothing to do with you.Actually, for me, it worked the other way: I accepted an offer last November that listed a specific hourly rate. Fast forward to the month of May, and I'm talking to my super about store placement/hours and what not, and he mentions that the hourly rate for my area actually went up by about five dollars.
I got an offer letter from CVS.
Is the wage listed on the new grad letters their final offer? I am tempted to ask if they could do a little better on the hourly wage.
You are a new grad so you don't have much leverage. What reason can you give them to offer you more? The only way I could see you having any negotiating power is if a DM really wants you and you have another job offer with better terms that you could ask them to match. If you aren't in that position, you really don't have a leg to stand on.
If you were forced to be PIC right away, I would ask for a 401k match on day 1. Doesn't mean you would get it, but believe it or not to make you PIC they need you more than you need them.
In my brief tenure in chain retail there hasn't been a single time where a new grad PIC was put in anything other than a ****show situation (n = 3 across two companies, excluding me).
In my brief tenure in chain retail there hasn't been a single time where a new grad PIC was put in anything other than a ****show situation (n = 3 across two companies, excluding me).
I got an offer letter from CVS.
Is the wage listed on the new grad letters their final offer? I am tempted to ask if they could do a little better on the hourly wage.
You'd have to be an absolute idiot *not* to attempt to negotiate.
This is in an a geographic area that is known to have a shortage. Maybe that makes a difference?
You get the same offer as the new grad if you do intern for 4 years, but you DO get the vacation for working those years.If you intern with them for 4 years does that impact the offer vs another new grad in terms of hourly pay? You would at least start at 3 weeks vacation right...?
You get the same offer as the new grad if you do intern for 4 years, but you DO get the vacation for working those years.
Thanks, that's what I figured.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad