You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CVS Overnight shift : Mass exodus or mass firings?
Started by calvinhobbes8
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How many openings are you seeing? I was under the impression that there were maybe 20 such stores left in the country, lol
They are getting rid of all 24 hour stores in the next 5 years.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are getting rid of all 24 hour stores in the next 5 years.
Where are you getting this info? How can they close money making machine that is 371...with 5 daytime pharmacist now.
DING DING DING. This along with the closing of all Target CVS stores (not the entire target store) is the next two big items in CVS related news in the next five years. I imagine open CVS overnight positions is the same reason we have open truck driving positions; no one wants to enter into a position that will be killed in the next five years.They are getting rid of all 24 hour stores in the next 5 years.
DING DING DING. This along with the closing of all Target CVS stores (not the entire target store) is the next two big items in CVS related news in the next five years. I imagine open CVS overnight positions is the same reason we have open truck driving positions; no one wants to enter into a position that will be killed in the next five years.
Truck drivers aren’t going anywhere in the next 5 years
CVS has all sorts of phantom job listings and always does. We've had people post on here in a panic because their job was listed online. And they aren't going to get rid off all of the 24 hour stores. Please don't start a hysteric panic.
All the job postings are fake. The cvs sup is required to post one even though they have someone picked out already. I have noticed a major decline in job postings though.
This is correct for the most part. My sup posted my job again cause he had to recode me from staff rph to overnight rph. The job was listed for a long time and all of my friends texted me asking why I quit and where I was going... The answer was I didn't quit and was going nowhere. I'm sure hundreds of people wasted their time applying though.
I even inquired about internal listings before they made it to indeed to see if I could transfer, most of the time the sup had someone picked out too.
Nice 1st post scare tactics OP, 1 day old profile...
Also had to re-code previously to change title
Also had to re-code previously to change title
tylenolnumber3
Full Member
DING DING DING. This along with the closing of all Target CVS stores (not the entire target store) is the next two big items in CVS related news in the next five years. I imagine open CVS overnight positions is the same reason we have open truck driving positions; no one wants to enter into a position that will be killed in the next five years.
Sorry bro you need atleast one 24 hour pharmacy in a 20-30 mile radius in a metropolitan. Give me some of what you’re smoking.
if someone needs emergency medications they can go to one of the many cities emergency departments / hospitals. And I have nothing to give you to smoke because I'm not a recreational drug user like you are. Maybe stop trolling as you only have 16 posts....Sorry bro you need atleast one 24 hour pharmacy in a 20-30 mile radius in a metropolitan. Give me some of what you’re smoking.
Modest calling someone a troll. Color me humored.
Two of the area pharmacies near me are abandoning the 24hr pharmacy in the near future. I’m sure one will remain standing and probably be profitable with the added business that they get from the others.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
. That's cause it takes one to know one.Modest calling someone a troll. Color me humored.
if someone needs emergency medications they can go to one of the many cities emergency departments / hospitals.
No. No, no, no.

I haven't heard that since kindergarten.. That's cause it takes one to know one.
Dude just leave him alone. He's probably like in his twenties a young immature guy not in our 30s, 40s and 50s like the rest of us.I haven't heard that since kindergarten.
Their initial contract does state that they can't close them down, but I think that was only a 5 year deal. Meaning it will be up for renegotiation soon.There's no way that Target didn't put some clause in the deal to prevent CVS from just doing a mass file transfer and closing everything