CVS/pharmacy and Coram - conflict of interest?

Started by hajenkin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hajenkin

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if working full-time retail pharmacist (CVS) and part-time home infusion (Coram) is considered a conflict of interest or if it's frowned upon? I'm thinking about applying for the part-time gig, but didn't want to jeopardize anything with my current position. Thanks!
 
Isn't Coram owned by CVS? So I would think the conflict of interest wouldn't be a problem - but can imagine it would be super confusing from an HR perspective being that you may already be in their system as a full time employee.
 
Isn't Coram owned by CVS? So I would think the conflict of interest wouldn't be a problem - but can imagine it would be super confusing from an HR perspective being that you may already be in their system as a full time employee.
It is owned by CVS! I haven't really heard of anyone doing that, so I didn't know if it would be a conflict/issue or frowned upon to work in two different areas of the company.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I worked part time for accredo, I expressed my interest in applying for another job with express scripts. Both owned by Cigna. I asked my boss if i could do both. He was fine with it but he wasn’t sure HR/upper management would allow it since it’s under the same company. Anything over 40hrs would’ve been considered overtime. And of course no one wants to pay that every week. I never got an interview for any full time internal jobs I applied for. So I left when I got an offer with another company.
 
When I worked part time for accredo, I expressed my interest in applying for another job with express scripts. Both owned by Cigna. I asked my boss if i could do both. He was fine with it but he wasn’t sure HR/upper management would allow it since it’s under the same company. Anything over 40hrs would’ve been considered overtime. And of course no one wants to pay that every week. I never got an interview for any full time internal jobs I applied for. So I left when I got an offer with another company.
That makes a lot of sense and honestly I can see CVS having the same issue with pay/overtime and everything. Hopefully I can find a way to get into home infusion/specialty somehow, even with a different company.