CVS PIC, should I leave for capsule pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Big_movee

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there I’m a pharmacy manager at a low volume target store. I haven’t been happy at work since the realignment and the new DL. Now I’m contemplating leaving for capsule pharmacy which would be a good 15 grand pay cut. Should I do it or stick it out at cvs? I fortunately have paid off student loans. So I Really need your guidance here pharmacists! Thank you and much appreciated! Anyone heard anything about capsule pharmacy in california?

Members don't see this ad.

where are you at right now? 15k could be a lot depending on what you already make. If you are going from 165k to 150k maybe do it. If you are going from 100k to 85k I would say no.

where are you at right now? 15k could be a lot depending on what you already make. If you are going from 165k to 150k maybe do it. If you are going from 100k to 85k I would say no.
I am at around 140k and they are offering around 125k.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am at around 140k and they are offering around 125k.
I personally wouldn't do it but if giving up 15k gives you your sanity back and lets you live stress free then it is worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I don't know anything about capsule but if their work environment is good and it has ok job security I would switch. **** being a PM at any of the big chains

Reactions: 1 users
Capsule has a high turnover rate, they are always hiring... but then yet again so is CVS... it is a catch 22... I do know someone who works as a remote clinical pharmacist at Capsule and is has a good life work balance, but then is making an average of 85K per year