Cvs raise 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is random but does anyone know when Verification Sharing is rolling out? I was told second quarter of 2019 but still haven't heard anything about it.

This is rolling out in my district at the end of May. Philly Area.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I'm aware that if you relocate to another store your pay is changed to reflect the local market. Anyone have any idea how this works? I imagine if you work in an area that pays RPh's with 5 years experience $60 and move to where the same pharmacist is paid $50 you'll be offered $50 and not a new graduate wage. The million dollar question is what happens now that wages are falling? If you have a high wage locked in and move elsewhere are they going to give you a massive salary ding and try and lump you in with new grads/hires to reflect "market rates?" You would theoretically have a bit more leverage with a locked in salary option when considering a new store elsewhere, but I doubt CVS would care one iota. How far do you have to travel before they adjust your salary? Across town? The next town over? Another state?
It’s regional or DM specific. I’m not sure which. When I moved from NY to MA I was able to keep my higher rate, but I was moving to my friend’s district. When I later moved to HI I was offered a hefty pay cut by a Pharm Sup nobody likes.

Reactions: 1 user
can any CVS PIC tell me if they had to manually input the % raise for their staff pharmacist this year? my PIC said she never had to input the % raise before but this year I received a ME and had no raise at all. She cant't give me an explanation and when i reached out to my DL there's no reponse either. I looked at the pay scale and i'm still at the lower end of the pay scale. thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
can any CVS PIC tell me if they had to manually input the % raise for their staff pharmacist this year? my PIC said she never had to input the % raise before but this year I received a ME and had no raise at all. She cant't give me an explanation and when i reached out to my DL there's no reponse either. I looked at the pay scale and i'm still at the lower end of the pay scale. thank you!

The PIC is responsible for the eval but the % increase in done by the DL from my experience.

Who wants to predict the future of CVS?

They will keep scooping up little struggling pharmacy chains as they always do......they thrive by acquisitions. They will do as all chains are doing now. Dropping salaries, and pushing their staff to the breaking point where they quit or get fired for screwing up. The end result being they hire new grads at a much lower pay rate, and pay no severance. until they reach somewhere around 30$/hr or less....then maybe they will expand and give more help back to support the stores. One thing is for sure though, if you look at how they are destroying their businesses by running so lean, they obviously value money over patient safety. And that tells you a lot. It's becoming a "lost" profession.

Reactions: 1 users
True, they turned profitable omnicare unprofitable by "Cvs playbook". Their greed to squeeze more money out of the business pushed down service and a lot of customers just went elsewhere. But do you really think this will happen in the retail division? So many customers come here because "my insurance says I have to" or "it's close to my house"