Cvs raise 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancienbon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got the lowest raise in 5 years. Used to get 2 percent ,but i only got 1.25 percent this year with a performance review of Meet expectations(ME). I see the range in my market for staff rph varies from 54 to 67.. I am 62 and change with over 8 years of experience and 5 years with Cvs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Reactions: 5 users
Lucky to get any raise these days.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how are checking what the range is for your market? someone was saying it is possible on my hr a while back but I can't find it...

how are checking what the range is for your market? someone was saying it is possible on my hr a while back but I can't find it...
your pic will be able to tell you when he or she is putting your raise

What part of the country are you? Usually we don't hear or see anything until the end of Feb or beginning of March. PA/NJ Area.

Lol just wait til cvs reads wags playbook.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm guessing 401k matching is the next item on the chopping block. That one's gonna hurt...

I'm guessing 401k matching is the next item on the chopping block. That one's gonna hurt...

Next is to hire only part time or per diem so they don't have to pay benefits, that's what hospitals do now.

Reactions: 2 users
I got the lowest raise in 5 years. Used to get 2 percent ,but i only got 1.25 percent this year with a performance review of Meet expectations(ME). I see the range in my market for staff rph varies from 54 to 67.. I am 62 and change with over 8 years of experience and 5 years with Cvs.

Dude, if your getting 80 hours(2 week period) and your making that money, enjoy it, because its gone my man. We will NEVER see this money again. We are eating the last of the next generations lunch. And it tastes good, but you gotta save every bit for the rainy days that are coming....i'm glad you got a raise though, many pharmacists are getting nothing, or thrown out the door.

Reactions: 4 users
Next is to hire only part time or per diem so they don't have to pay benefits, that's what hospitals do now.

All the chains already do this in my area. New grads float all over, sometimes for lame 5-hour shifts, in the hope of getting 30 hours per week

Members don't see this ad :)
“What’s a raise?” -happy and healthy pharmacists everywhere

Reactions: 3 users
South Florida

I left south florida for colorado, its an absolute snake pit down there...and i lived there 20 years! seems almost like revolving doors of pharmacists statewide. I wanna come back and outta the cold, but what for ya know?

Reactions: 1 user
this is depressing

I am a PIC with CVS. I was unable to award a raise to any of my 3 staff pharmacists this year, unfortunately. They have divided salary ranges into quarters, although there are 5 categories. The ranges are determined by location and position. Q1 is 0-25%, Q2 is 25-50%, Q3 is 50-75%, Q4 is 75-100%, and Q5 is >100%. You are only eligible for a raise if you are Q1-3 and get at least an ME or Q4 and get at least an EE. Q5 is not eligible for a raise from what I understand, regardless of performance. All 3 of my pharmacists did not meet the criteria for raises this year in one way or another, and although I had funding to give, I couldn’t award it. Which is extremely stupid. I don’t know where that money is going.

Are we getting screwed on Bonus this year? I feel like it’s going to be lower. No stock, lower raises and bonus. All Going to Aetna

I’m not sure how bonuses were structured before as I’m relatively new to my role. But from the some of the forums I’ve read, the bonus structure from this year is much less. Unless those posting in forums totaled their bonus and lump sum increases together. My DL actually sent us the pdf of how bonuses are determined. This is for managers. I’m not sure how staff bonuses are calculated.

Last edited:
I’m not sure how bonuses were structured before as I’m relatively new to my role. But from the some of the forums I’ve read, the bonus structure from this year is much less. Unless those posting in forums totaled their bonus and lump sum increases together. My DL actually sent us the pdf of how bonuses are determined, which I will attach. This is for managers. I’m not sure how staff bonuses are calculated.

Hi, a reminder not to post your company's proprietary information online.

I’m not sure how bonuses were structured before as I’m relatively new to my role. But from the some of the forums I’ve read, the bonus structure from this year is much less. Unless those posting in forums totaled their bonus and lump sum increases together. My DL actually sent us the pdf of how bonuses are determined, which I will attach. This is for managers. I’m not sure how staff bonuses are calculated.

You never know who is sneaking around here. I would recommend to take it down.

just be glad you have a full time job with benefits, for now at least.
i wonder when CVS will start doing this full time is 30 hrs for staff rph, and only PIC gets 40 hrs, like they are doing for other chains.

just be glad you have a full time job with benefits, for now at least.
i wonder when CVS will start doing this full time is 30 hrs for staff rph, and only PIC gets 40 hrs, like they are doing for other chains.

They already do... Anyone with base hours above 30 is considered full time which I consider a great deal. Benefits for only working 30 hours per week? Awesome.

PIC'S get 40 hours at CVS? Most store are open less 80 hours a week, divided by 2 that leaves less than 40 hours for the PIC even.

PIC'S get 40 hours at CVS? Most store are open less 80 hours a week, divided by 2 that leaves less than 40 hours for the PIC even.
Why do you think they have to divide that hours by 2?

does any one about the cvs salary plan ex..what does tmd,tme, and omd mean?

They get rid of anything that saved us money. Remember those leaf things that gave you like $1 off for bringing your own bag?

I left south florida for colorado, its an absolute snake pit down there...and i lived there 20 years! seems almost like revolving doors of pharmacists statewide. I wanna come back and outta the cold, but what for ya know?
Me too. I absolutely loved living there, but the economy is garbage and pay is not in step with the cost of living. Guess I'll just wait until retirement when I can move to Boca Raton.

Me too. I absolutely loved living there, but the economy is garbage and pay is not in step with the cost of living. Guess I'll just wait until retirement when I can move to Boca Raton.

Pay doesn't have to be in line, because what keeps the SFla economy going is money from other areas of the country. Retirement monies.

Anyone have thoughts on whether it would be better to get a raise before being promoted or try to get promoted now? Not sure whether it would be better to get a raise as an RPh and then also get a pay bump due to promotion to PIC or to become a PIC first with the pay bump and get a raise after. I would get more hours as a PIC.

You get a raise to be PIC? 50 cents? 1 dollar?

CVS acts like they are doing you a favor giving you 40 hrs/week and a static location, which is probably a dumpster fire (thus need to condemn someone to be PIC)

nice man, i was in coral springs, commuting to miramar (ghetto area) , was terrible.for 4 years. I love the CO mountains now....really beautiful and peaceful. South Florida was like a daily grind, with nasty people everywhere....

THis is not entirely true, my hospital has 65 RPh's - and 1 is per diem. and like 5 are part time

We should all be glad we even have jobs...

No, we really should not have that attitude.

Yes, true. Yet so many pharmacists around me are either miserable or unemployed... so its not that I want to but just by nature, im glad.

yearly review time=needs improvement,, no raise! maybe if we had adequate staffing hours and less bs metrics we could actually do the job of a pharmacist ! what a concept

that's below inflation so sorry to break it to you but you didn't get a raise you lost money.

Printed out comp sheet for my staff today. 0.45% raise...like what...insulting much.

Printed out comp sheet for my staff today. 0.45% raise...like what...insulting much.

Is this based on stores performance or is that whats being given company wide now?

that's below inflation so sorry to break it to you but you didn't get a raise you lost money.

1.25% > 0. That is a raise.

So that's about $500 more this year? Take it and be happy you're making $10/hr more than new grads!

try a 0% raise for all my fellow WAG's brethren the last 2 years, oh and a 50% decrease in bonus right before they have the pay it out this past fiscal year

QUOTE="mentos, post: 20767254, member: 296092"]1.25% > 0. That is a raise[/QUOTE]

you are looking at it wrong

no raise, no bonus,, love cvs
You can leave if you don't like it. I love how everyone loves complaining but stays at their hated company. Working for money is a PRIVILEGE. Realize you can be replaced in a week by one of the many new grads.

Also why would a company give a bonus to someone they secretly want to quit? You realize almost all pharmacists are overpaid current given the new market conditions. If you quit that means they can fill your position with a pharmacist earning 80% of what you were making, increasing the companies profits.

Last edited:
I mean it's basically 0. A quarter an hour. Not gonna make a difference in the long run. But I don't work at CVS so I got a raise this year

If $500/year makes no difference then please PayPal me that amount each year!! It's basically 0 afterall!

I am a PIC with CVS. I was unable to award a raise to any of my 3 staff pharmacists this year, unfortunately. They have divided salary ranges into quarters, although there are 5 categories. The ranges are determined by location and position. Q1 is 0-25%, Q2 is 25-50%, Q3 is 50-75%, Q4 is 75-100%, and Q5 is >100%. You are only eligible for a raise if you are Q1-3 and get at least an ME or Q4 and get at least an EE. Q5 is not eligible for a raise from what I understand, regardless of performance. All 3 of my pharmacists did not meet the criteria for raises this year in one way or another, and although I had funding to give, I couldn’t award it. Which is extremely stupid. I don’t know where that money is going.

Where is the money going? we are talking about CVS here! It's going right into their pockets to be re-invested.

Hey guys just a quick question on how this works. This is the first time Ill be going through a review and my PIC is also a first time manager. She submitted it online, but now what lol? I'm assuming my review goes to the DL and he ultimately decides if I get a raise or not?