CVS Readyfill smoothing/Double verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

6GodPharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any of you go live on both yet? They pilot these things but they are both so new I don’t think these geniuses piloted them together because this is a disaster. Takes so much longer with ready fills dropping all F’n day and then they all drop to data entry then to production then back to verification by that time you have more ready fills dropping into data entry before they can reach production. It’s extremely difficult by yourself. You need 2 RPh’s most of the day. Disaster so far.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I hear you the ready-fill smoothing is what I think is most challenging to be honest. I wish I could just come 15-20 mins before store opens and have all those checked and into QP. Its nothing something you can ignore till later on in the day either then production wont have nothing to do.I had my store roll out this morning. Seems like its gonna be something to get use to.

Do you have to check data entry on refills?

God this is going to be a disaster

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have to check data entry on refills?

God this is going to be a disaster
Yup, i’m over here doing data enrty on **** thats been verified 9 times!

Reactions: 2 users
Can we also talk about the new QP printing? It's a disaster. I get the idea of printing the same meds together but I don't need a 6pm to be printed with my 11am. Putting things in time order is such a hassle now and getting to the right expedite requires us to shuffle through the stack of labels until we find the right one.

Also, Idk what they're messing around with but there should be absolutely no reason for me to walk into 10 pages of on hold scripts due at 9am in the morning. I almost had a panic attack when I saw 99+ due in 30 min after having spent a good 20 min clearing out the morning QT stuff.

I can already see my store crashing and burning when 2 step rolls out next week. Add in readyfill smoothing, weird QP printing, and pages of 9-10am on hold... sigh

Can we also talk about the new QP printing? It's a disaster. I get the idea of printing the same meds together but I don't need a 6pm to be printed with my 11am. Putting things in time order is such a hassle now and getting to the right expedite requires us to shuffle through the stack of labels until we find the right one.

Also, Idk what they're messing around with but there should be absolutely no reason for me to walk into 10 pages of on hold scripts due at 9am in the morning. I almost had a panic attack when I saw 99+ due in 30 min after having spent a good 20 min clearing out the morning QT stuff.

I can already see my store crashing and burning when 2 step rolls out next week. Add in readyfill smoothing, weird QP printing, and pages of 9-10am on hold... sigh

I actually don't mind the new printing except the computer freezes for 10+ seconds now after printing a batch, but the readyfill "smoothing" is absolutely pointless and counterproductive. There's absolutely no advantage to this whatsoever

QV1 and QV2 doesn't sound bad in theory except that you are going to have to verify readyfill every day which will now be dropping in batches... at least if it was the old way you could have just verified readyfill in the morning after clearing QT

Last edited:
Any of you go live on both yet? They pilot these things but they are both so new I don’t think these geniuses piloted them together because this is a disaster. Takes so much longer with ready fills dropping all F’n day and then they all drop to data entry then to production then back to verification by that time you have more ready fills dropping into data entry before they can reach production. It’s extremely difficult by yourself. You need 2 RPh’s most of the day. Disaster so far.

Will rejected claims go to QV1 or not until they are adjudicated? Or does it process to insurance after it is verified? Do you have to re-verify NDC/quantity changes?

I was a bit skeptical of the new printing change for production...it's now more efficient to just hit print once @ a time, quickly grab, scan, & count & key step being paying more attention to having the sort baskets based on time (solo overnight - would generally just print up to certain time cutpoints, then mass produce/cherry pick 11:59s based on location). I've noticed the new print changes will group together by location for the most part (but still include multiple Rxs for the same person even if not in the same location)

Huge plus of new production printing takes the effort out of cherry picking (batches will include most of fridge meds/all script pro/birth controls/Slow movers A-L/Slow movers M-Z/etc. in groups). Ironically, now it is NOT efficient to spam the print button, lol

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks to more efficient printing and leverage of technology hours will now be cut by 10%

Thanks to more efficient printing and leverage of technology hours will now be cut by 10%

Yeah, just more excuses to cut hours...the bottle neck effect just ****s up work flow so much when you've got only 1-2 people playing "musical chairs" between pick up, drive through, drop off, production, phone calls, and verification with razor thin margins, "skeleton" schedule (work the people to death), & impractical expectations ("oh boy these new enhancements will make work so easy"...I'm just anticipating the **** to hit the fan once my store gets 2-step verification...especially with system loopholes/instances not considered or well thought out).

I like the batch printing in theory but my store is a 2 minute drive from an urgent care and a 5 min drive from a PM pediatric. It means we have acute meds coming in constantly and patients showing up 5 minutes after leaving the doctor. The batch printing makes it difficult to find the acutes and waiters. It's now much easier to individually print by selecting lines than to have the system batch print 10 or so scripts since we'll have to dig through the readyfills and the next day 11ams before we can get to the acute meds.

This is all normal. IT has to constantly come out with new "improvements" for job security. They purposely make constant changes that never work and cause more problems, then have to spend more time "fixing" the "glitches". Been happening ever since Reconnect has existed. If they came out with a system that worked on day 1, what would they do all day?

An intern at Google could have created a better system 8 years ago.

Last edited:
I actually don't mind the new printing except the computer freezes for 10+ seconds now after printing a batch, but the readyfill "smoothing" is absolutely pointless and counterproductive. There's absolutely no advantage to this whatsoever

QV1 and QV2 doesn't sound bad in theory except that you are going to have to verify readyfill every day which will now be dropping in batches... at least if it was the old way you could have just verified readyfill in the morning after clearing QT

The batch readyfills that are dropping are now 4 days ahead vs the old system which is 3 days ahead. So I like to look at the new readyfill system as an added one day buffer. If none of the readyfill batches drop for you because you fall behind then they will drop for you the next morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
The batch readyfills that are dropping are now 4 days ahead vs the old system which is 3 days ahead. So I like to look at the new readyfill system as an added one day buffer. If none of the readyfill batches drop for you because you fall behind then they will drop for you the next morning.
So the new system goes by whats in your ques?

I have no idea how this is going. My store is trying to do 3400 scripts with 213 tech hours. Staring at 40+ pages wondering when it will "smooth out."

I have no idea how this is going. My store is trying to do 3400 scripts with 213 tech hours. Staring at 40+ pages wondering when it will "smooth out."
Good luck with that. We sell about 3600/week as 90 as 1. Probably fill over 4100 before rts. I get roughly 290-300 tech on a give week.

Our green sheet for the first week in January is like 340 hours. I have no idea how this **** myschedule algorithm works. But there is no logical way to explain why I'm getting 120 more hours in about a month.

Our green sheet for the first week in January is like 340 hours. I have no idea how this **** myschedule algorithm works. But there is no logical way to explain why I'm getting 120 more hours in about a month.

Don’t you need more hours for the insurance changes in January?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How can I check next years green sheets?

This update is absolute ****. It just adds more steps. I want to rebill something? It needs reverified before I can reprint the new label

I want to paperclip an action note, insurance card, or prednisone schedule to the label? I can't because the script gets put in QV behind 30 other scripts

I'm trying to print the labels for the drugs in QI after checking in the daily order? Can't. Drugs just sitting in baskets for 2 hours while the script sit 5 pages deep into QV

With this new system the importance of an efficient pharmacist has further increased because QV has become an even bigger bottleneck. The techs have less of an ability to compensate for a slow/disorganized pharmacist

The only possible that this is a good update is if you have techs that type stuff wrong A LOT. I presume that CVS will hire remote verification pharmacists at 35 dollars an hour to do QV1 and eliminate all overlap

Last edited:
Today was the first day that update rolled out at our store, everything in QP, all hundred plus pages, got rolled into QT for reprocessing. I am genuinely surprised the patients didn’t riot.

Today was the first day that update rolled out at our store, everything in QP, all hundred plus pages, got rolled into QT for reprocessing. I am genuinely surprised the patients didn’t riot.

I'm surprised you DL didn't tell you to clear out QP the night before to prevent that. That's just asking for trouble.

This new system is just highlighting the slow pharmacist and making the faster pharmacist carry the weight. I'm about ready to punch my partner in the face, especially after the way he talked to me when I told him he needs to do QV1 as well.

This update is absolute ****. It just adds more steps. I want to rebill something? It needs reverified before I can reprint the new label

I want to paperclip an action note, insurance card, or prednisone schedule to the label? I can't because the script gets put in QV behind 30 other scripts

I'm trying to print the labels for the drugs in QI after checking in the daily order? Can't. Drugs just sitting in baskets for 2 hours while the script sit 5 pages deep into QV

With this new system the importance of an efficient pharmacist has further increased because QV has become an even bigger bottleneck. The techs have less of an ability to compensate for a slow/disorganized pharmacist

The only possible that this is a good update is if you have techs that type stuff wrong A LOT. I presume that CVS will hire remote verification pharmacists at 35 dollars an hour to do QV1 and eliminate all overlap
Well said

I'm surprised you DL didn't tell you to clear out QP the night before to prevent that. That's just asking for trouble.

This new system is just highlighting the slow pharmacist and making the faster pharmacist carry the weight. I'm about ready to punch my partner in the face, especially after the way he talked to me when I told him he needs to do QV1 as well.
This will definitely separate the good from the bad easily. When i have overlap I just have my dipsh*t partner do Data entry.

I work overnight in a store that goes live soon. Anyone have advice on how to best manage workflow overnight on that night and just in general with two-step?

This will definitely separate the good from the bad easily. When i have overlap I just have my dipsh*t partner do Data entry.
Soooo..A "good" pharmacist can bang thru computer product at high speed....interesting...sort of the "shut up and color" procedure....

DO NOT go by green sheets. Only go by mySchedule. They always give more hours for the first week or so for insurance issues. There are rumors, they are giving more tech hours next year. They are just rumors even the field management doesn't know for sure. Many stores lost RPH hours. As soon as they figure out how to pass QV1 to slower Target stores, they will cut any overlap to shreds. This is NOT based on inside information or gossip from my DL, just based on reading the articles on line that indicate CVS expects to grow profits mainly from cost cutting and not growth.

I agree, this is *****ic. Unless there is a clinical implication in the change, different drug, days supply, etc. there is no need to reverify.

You should NEVER keep an insurance card. As for an action note, that is what the forced note function is for.

I don't think so, it was already verified. Unless you guys use the E function to get it out of QI.

The only possible that this is a good update is if you have techs that type stuff wrong A LOT.

This is 100% correct. But even if you are efficient. the system is stupid. The whole problem is the time factor. If it wasn't for the time it would be no issue. NO RED, NO problem. How many stores have no RED?

I presume that CVS will hire remote verification pharmacists at 35 dollars an hour to do QV1 and eliminate all overlap

'I would bank on this.

Our DM isn’t really plugged into any pharmacy-related matters. Never actually see her face... might as well be a collective phantom of our imaginations.

Reactions: 1 users
DO NOT go by green sheets. Only go by mySchedule. They always give more hours for the first week or so for insurance issues. There are rumors, they are giving more tech hours next year. They are just rumors even the field management doesn't know for sure. Many stores lost RPH hours. As soon as they figure out how to pass QV1 to slower Target stores, they will cut any overlap to shreds. This is NOT based on inside information or gossip from my DL, just based on reading the articles on line that indicate CVS expects to grow profits mainly from cost cutting and not growth.
I can second this and it’s absolutely ridiculous. With all the changes recently and readyfill smoothing you need more RPH’s. Myschedule is showing a significant upgrade in tech hours but my RPH budget is the same. It’s insane. You need more rph’s now with the system and less tech. Before it was the opposite.

While we are complaining, the new labels suck. They are impossible to get off and are thus losing the company untold amounts in additional vials needed from having to trash RTS vials. Not to mention returns to Cardinal that can't be done.

Every morning I open at CVS I have to go in to cvs and work an hour early unpaid to get the QV and QT cleared before the store opens - even volunteering that hour still is barely enough time to keep up with the daily onslaught of prescriptions. Techs and Pharmacists totally stressed out and overworked because never given enough tech hours - then I listen to continual customer complaints because CVS calls them too often. When will things get better?!?!?!

Reactions: 1 users
Every morning I open at CVS I have to go in to cvs and work an hour early unpaid to get the QV and QT cleared before the store opens - even volunteering that hour still is barely enough time to keep up with the daily onslaught of prescriptions. Techs and Pharmacists totally stressed out and overworked because never given enough tech hours - then I listen to continual customer complaints because CVS calls them too often. When will things get better?!?!?!

Spoiler: It won't.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree, this is *****ic. Unless there is a clinical implication in the change, different drug, days supply, etc. there is no need to reverify.

You should NEVER keep an insurance card. As for an action note, that is what the forced note function is for.

I don't think so, it was already verified. Unless you guys use the E function to get it out of QI.

This is 100% correct. But even if you are efficient. the system is stupid. The whole problem is the time factor. If it wasn't for the time it would be no issue. NO RED, NO problem. How many stores have no RED?

'I would bank on this.

Forced note function? Techs can't do that, I'm talking about the yellow action note papers that the drop off tech can put on the bag. Imagine trying to use an action note to communicate something to the patients when you have the slowest pharmacist alive. You aren't going to be able to print the label for God knows how long in order to attach the note. The techs aren't going to keep checking on the script for 3 hours in order to attach a note or whatever. Then when it's filled and they come to pick up and question the days supply or why it's not billed to insurance or whatever and the tech has to reprocess it to give them an answer. Then after he/she reprocessed it to get the answer to the question, it needs to go through 3 more ****ing steps, QV1, Print, QV2, just to get it back to how it was to start.

And as far as QI, sometimes you actually do have to press "E" to get it out. There's a glitch where it says "quantity owed: 0" for some reason. But I thought that they all went to QV1 regardless... I could be wrong though

Last edited:
This new 2 step thing is a disaster. Now we have just a few minutes to Qv1 all acute meds. I am not sure how we are going to be graded on wecare next year.

You mean 50 pages in the red??

No, no. Only like 39 of them are red!

Last week we did 3200 scripts with about 215 or so tech hours allocated in mySchedule. I have no idea how that is supposed to work. There is one pharmacist and two techs from 8-3. The PIC tell me that the techs are stuck, one at drive thru, one at the register for basically the entire shift. The pharmacist basically has to do QP, QV, dropoff, and answer phones by themselves. He isn't prone to exaggeration and works very efficiently.

So every day, it just piles up higher and higher and higher. Just add 5-7 more pages every day. In perpetuity.

Last edited:
So my store is like 50 pages back. Going live on this nonsense this week. What happens to the 700 scripts that are in QP?

Everything that is in QP will be moved to QV1. On the bright side, those 50 pages will be cleared. On the not so bright side, those 50 pages are now in QV and cannot be filled until you data verify them. Good luck.

Holy **** does the store have a PIC? How many do you fill a day?

The greatest PIC and set of staff pharmacists and lead technicians in retail pharmacy history couldn't get this place on track with the tech hours the place is being given. It isn't possible. There is another 24 hour in my district that does about 100 more scripts than us a week, yet somehow gets 50 more tech hours every week. The scheduling software is simply not working correctly. Like I said earlier in the thread HOPEFULLY it's being corrected for next year. In myschedule, they are giving us over 100 more tech hours versus what we had last week for the first week in January.

The greatest PIC and set of staff pharmacists and lead technicians in retail pharmacy history couldn't get this place on track with the tech hours the place is being given. It isn't possible. There is another 24 hour in my district that does about 100 more scripts than us a week, yet somehow gets 50 more tech hours every week. The scheduling software is simply not working correctly. Like I said earlier in the thread HOPEFULLY it's being corrected for next year. In myschedule, they are giving us over 100 more tech hours versus what we had last week for the first week in January.

How early/late do you need techs at a 24 hour store?

My store has like 160-170 hours from 2000-2200 scripts and always has 3 techs by 11 but isn't 24 hour

No, no. Only like 39 of them are red!

Last week we did 3200 scripts with about 215 or so tech hours allocated in mySchedule. I have no idea how that is supposed to work. There is one pharmacist and two techs from 8-3. The PIC tell me that the techs are stuck, one at drive thru, one at the register for basically the entire shift. The pharmacist basically has to do QP, QV, dropoff, and answer phones by themselves. He isn't prone to exaggeration and works very efficiently.

So every day, it just piles up higher and higher and higher. Just add 5-7 more pages every day. In perpetuity.
That looks exactly like my old store. It was chaos

How early/late do you need techs at a 24 hour store?

My store has like 160-170 hours from 2200 scripts and always has 3 techs by 11 but isn't 24 hour

I get one tech until 10PM. NEVER anyone after 10PM. Yes, it is a nightmare. Weekends feel like Lucy at the chocolate factory. 2 days ago on Saturday night between 8-10PM 30 NEW scripts were entered. One tech. One pharmacist. I had a sea of humanity in my waiting room.

And they are usually >90% on myschedule.

Last edited:
I get one tech until 10PM. NEVER anyone after 10PM. Yes, it is a nightmare. Weekends feel like Lucy at the chocolate factory. 2 days ago on Saturday night between 8-10PM 30 NEW scripts were entered. One tech. One pharmacist. I had a sea of humanity in my waiting room.

And they are >90% on myschedule.

And it's this moment when you have to call an insurance company to resolve something and while you're on hold for 15 minutes the next patient hands you a script that doesn't have a strength or quantity. 5 pharmacy calls. Lane one. 8 people staring at you while the tech is digging through and overstuffed bin as his customer starts placing 2 carts of items on the counter. You will have to do cycle counts and have a basket full of transfers. The lady at drive through sees you look at her and presses the button anyways

Last edited:
Wait, you're a 24 hour store and only get 215 tech hours? What even. My store isn't 24 hours and we do roughly 3200 a week and get 250+ tech hours consistently.

These past few weeks have been 280+