Cvs / rite aid pharmacist schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmd 08902

Kramerph
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are pharmacists scheduled at these chains where only 1 pharmacist works full day. How do shifts add upto 80 hrs if only working 14 hr days?

Members don't see this ad.

There are weekends too.

14-hour Rite-Aid (9am-6pm Saturday, 10am-6pm Sunday): 8+14+14+14+14+14+9=87
13-hour CVS (same weekend hours): 8+13+13+13+13+13+9=82

I worked where they were open 8am-9pm. 13 hr shifts alternating weekends where Sat and Sun were 9 hours and 6 hour shifts. One week you worked 26 hours and had 5 days off, the other week you worked 54 hours and have 2 days off. 80 hours bi-weekly. The store I was at only had 2 pharmacists with one on duty at a time (wasn't super high volume).

Oh, I didn't answer the question.

If I had a partner pharmacist, I would allocate all overlap hours (4 in this case) to Monday, then

A = pharmacist A
B = pharmacist B

Week 1:
B B B A B A A
_ A

Week 2:
A A A B A B B
_ B

(Underscore is just to force spacing for SMTWTF)

Monday split with opening shift 8 hours, closing 9 hours, so 43 for both pharmacists. 6 days off each per 2 weeks with alternating weekends off.

You could also do 7 on and 7 off, split shift more days, etc.

With no overlap, I could just have the one person working five straight days take all of Monday, so the split per week would be 47 one pharmacist, 35 the other (41 hours base per 2 weeks)