CVS RXConnect Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josh6718

Pharmacist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) What determines whether a refill RX goes to QV1 or QP?

2) For 'PR Requests' - will they stay in QR indefinitely? I have seen some that become inactivated, and on other patient profiles I've seen some that seem to have be 'on hold unresolved' for almost 6 months?

3) RX Validation- where can you find what the deficiency was, and the RX number that it was? The professional resources tab only gives the last 3 numbers of an RX and simply lists pass/fail?

Members don't see this ad.

1) What determines whether a refill RX goes to QV1 or QP?

I believe data entry needs to be checked twice. What qualifies as being checked can vary, but I believe that is the bottom line. So, an rx filled with no messing around will go to QV1. If it is then refilled, fill 01 will also go to QV1. If it then refilled again, fill 02 will go straight to QP.

I think there are some technicalities around eRxs that can make it seem like that is not what is happening. Also QI and on holds might seem to mess with that as well.

QR - many of the prescriber requests will just sit there (95% of time new Rx is sent in/resolved & old rx # can not be updated and/or deleted). Might have to call the help desk to get rid of in QR

I'm still struggling with what criteria determines something to go into QV1 vs. QP (mainly when rebilling refills...there seems to be NO rhyme or reason...I'll rebill multiple 03+ refills for someone, some of which go into QV1, some of which go straight into QP...this is on standard stuff/BP meds too). I'm under the impression this is simply a not very well thought out still problem of double verification because CVS IT can't seem to make a finished product (always needing updates).

All I can say is USUALLY 02+ refills go to QP (doesn't seem to apply if there are timely DURs to review though). Rebills...whatever goes/hold onto physical labels

Reactions: 1 user
Hub Task Drops every month for Rx validation. You click the file attached and it sends you to a link where you can view each hardcopy that was checked.