Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cvs sued for homeopath meds
Started by PikminOC
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
While homeopathy is pointless, shouldn't they be suing everyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wonder if this will set precedence for suing homeopathic "doctors"
Fake drugs = expensive placebo effect...
I lose count of how many times each week I use the phrases/statements, "I can't recommend that product; it's not regulated by the FDA; can make any labeling claims it wishes; some do not even have expiration dates; it's a complete waste of money, etc."
Will campaign in favor for more shelf space
I lose count of how many times each week I use the phrases/statements, "I can't recommend that product; it's not regulated by the FDA; can make any labeling claims it wishes; some do not even have expiration dates; it's a complete waste of money, etc."
Will campaign in favor for more shelf space
Fake drugs = expensive placebo effect...
I lose count of how many times each week I use the phrases/statements, "I can't recommend that product; it's not regulated by the FDA; can make any labeling claims it wishes; some do not even have expiration dates; it's a complete waste of money, etc."
Will campaign in favor for more shelf space
That's way more professional then me. I just say they are useless.
"'CVS should be warned, the evidence for our case is extremely strong,' said Blumner. 'And if CVS’s endorsement of homeopathy is any indication, evidence will not be their strong suit.'"
Sick burn.
On a related note, I was surprised to learn that some military treatment facilities offer chiropractic care. I'm glad that non-sense hasn't spilled over into military pharmacies in the form of homeopathic "drugs."
Sick burn.
On a related note, I was surprised to learn that some military treatment facilities offer chiropractic care. I'm glad that non-sense hasn't spilled over into military pharmacies in the form of homeopathic "drugs."
"'CVS should be warned, the evidence for our case is extremely strong,' said Blumner. 'And if CVS’s endorsement of homeopathy is any indication, evidence will not be their strong suit.'"
Sick burn.
On a related note, I was surprised to learn that some military treatment facilities offer chiropractic care. I'm glad that non-sense hasn't spilled over into military pharmacies in the form of homeopathic "drugs."
haha wait what? what's wrong with chiropractors? why throw them under the bus mate? lol i love my chiropractor...
haha wait what? what's wrong with chiropractors? why throw them under the bus mate? lol i love my chiropractor...
Maybe my perception is off, but I thought chiropractic was some alternative medicine based on pseudoscience? Spinal manipulative therapy for acute low back pain: an update of the cochrane review. - PubMed - NCBI
And what I mean by maybe my perception being off... I'm friends with two chiropractors and they both happen to be vocal anti-vaxxers. They are nice people, just not someone who I would trust my health with.
Just curious, if anybody knows...were the pharmacists “encouraged” to sell homeopathic “medications”........were there quotas? Sales goals?
How many RPhs actually counseled to use these “meds”? Is it the RPhs who will get F$&@ed?
I counsel against it. But they are pretty set on buying it because of what they read online or recommended by a friend of theirs.
No quota for me, that's usually script count
maybe front store sales is a different story
Are they going to sue grocery store chains next for selling processed foods? Cause that means they are endorsing unhealthy processed foods instead of the healthy ones..
That’s not the same because that’s still food. Homeopathic “medicines” are a misnomer because they aren’t.Are they going to sue grocery store chains next for selling processed foods? Cause that means they are endorsing unhealthy processed foods instead of the healthy ones..
I can’t imagine that selling a legal product that contains all the required disclosures on the package can be considered fraud or whatever. But I do like where their heart is with the lawsuit.
If CVS can be liable for selling homeopathy why can’t all pseudoscience/pseudo medical BS peddlers be sued?
Maybe the slogan can be “peddle the woo, pay the price”.
If CVS can be liable for selling homeopathy why can’t all pseudoscience/pseudo medical BS peddlers be sued?
Maybe the slogan can be “peddle the woo, pay the price”.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're absolutely correct. Many people are unaware of the quackery involved with chiropractors since they do such a good job of marketing themselves as legitimate doctors. Plenty of people will swear by their chiropractor too, since a good ol' back poppin' does feel good. It's just that nothing they do has been proven to have any benefit beyond temporary pain relief similar to a massage, and plenty of their practices are downright dangerous.Maybe my perception is off, but I thought chiropractic was some alternative medicine based on pseudoscience? Spinal manipulative therapy for acute low back pain: an update of the cochrane review. - PubMed - NCBI
You'll never be able to convince people otherwise though.
I was intentionally being a smartass 🙂That’s not the same because that’s still food. Homeopathic “medicines” are a misnomer because they aren’t.
How can they sue cvs when this exists?
The Homœopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States
The companies that should be sued are the manufacturers, but yet again it is much easier to go after the one giant than the 1000 little guys.
The Homœopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States
The companies that should be sued are the manufacturers, but yet again it is much easier to go after the one giant than the 1000 little guys.
They used to say ”pharmacist” was the most trusted profession.....people seem to still trust pharmacists...thus when a pharmacy sells homeopathic meds, there may be an implicit endorsement...otherwise pharmacy is no better than an liquor store that sells “herbal pot” : hey man, how you use it is your business and it may not be good for you but, free county man, caveat emptor, and hey it might work.
Is this really what pharmacy has become?
Is this really what pharmacy has become?
Is this really what pharmacy has become?
“Has become”? Was there a time when pharmacies didn’t sell homeopathic products and only just now changed their minds?
No but I don like it tho“Has become”? Was there a time when pharmacies didn’t sell homeopathic products and only just now changed their minds?