Cvs tech hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cangri One

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got promoted to PIC!! Yay me!! Was wondering how our tech hours are calculated? Just strictly volume? In my area we just lost a bunch of insurances and our sups are saying to prepare for less hours? But is that due to volume or are they making us do same volume with less hours?

Members don't see this ad.

MySchedule looks at 127 different factors and then gives you the same amount of tech help as before the transition. It is based on store hours, drive thru (yes or no), volume, and probably some other factors that no one knows.

Reactions: 1 users
General rule of thumb, 12 scripts is about 1 technician hour. Sometimes the ratio is better, but this is just being safe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of you heard about a reduction of hours of late?

Have any of you heard about a reduction of hours of late?
A lot of stores got cut in hours especially the lower volume stores. Higher volumes stayed the same it seems like. If you sell 2700 a week or more they stayed about the same. Key word selling 2700 a week not just filling that much. You'll fill more than you sell.

Why worry about things you can't control. Your sups will tell you whatever they feel like telling you. Good number of them is so new they don't even know how tech hours are calculated.

Why worry about things you can't control. Your sups will tell you whatever they feel like telling you. Good number of them is so new they don't even know how tech hours are calculated.

Absolutely false. The supes have zero-10% to do with tech hours. The demand is determined by My Schedule based on a myriad of factors. Volume, volume V budget, # of phone calls, # of register transactions plus others. There is static amount of hours for a drive through and and static reduction if you have automation.

Just got promoted to PIC!! Yay me!! Was wondering how our tech hours are calculated? Just strictly volume? In my area we just lost a bunch of insurances and our sups are saying to prepare for less hours? But is that due to volume or are they making us do same volume with less hours?

There's a specific formula that corporate uses:

For every 100 scripts, that's 8 tech hours.

We'll call this value X

The tech hours you actually need are Y.

Tech hours you get are Z.

(X * 0.2) + (Y * 0) / 0.72 x SCr = Z

Reactions: 1 users
The tech hours will never be enough. Prepare to work off the clock to get things done or work really fast. Good luck!

Absolutely false. The supes have zero-10% to do with tech hours. The demand is determined by My Schedule based on a myriad of factors. Volume, volume V budget, # of phone calls, # of register transactions plus others. There is static amount of hours for a drive through and and static reduction if you have automation.

How many sups have you had Old Timer in your 15+ years at CVS?

So what happens at CVS if/when you go over hours? I mean do they care if you are consistently a couple hours over or what about say 10%? Does it depend on the supervisor or are they all taught to be as strict as possible with payroll? If using a few more hours a week means I won't get a bonus at the end of the year, I'm fine with that but if I'm risking losing my job obviously that changes things.

How many sups have you had Old Timer in your 15+ years at CVS?

Two, actually three, but one was incompetent and only lasted about 15 minutes. The present one has been on board for 12 years

It always seemed to me like tech hours get cut at the start of the year and increase towards Q4 as the budget lossens up... but supposedly they have some genius equation that assumes that every employee is a robot with 4 arms and that you never have any issues with any prescriptions all day.

So what happens at CVS if/when you go over hours? I mean do they care if you are consistently a couple hours over or what about say 10%? Does it depend on the supervisor or are they all taught to be as strict as possible with payroll? If using a few more hours a week means I won't get a bonus at the end of the year, I'm fine with that but if I'm risking losing my job obviously that changes things.

You will get emails/calls from either your sup or DM about you going over budget and if you keep going over hours, they will proceed with verbal/written counseling etc.

10% over will get you in trouble real quick... iv seen write-ups for 3 hours over