CVS vacation time question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prestigious808

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I’m a new FT pharmacist with CVS. I’m confused with vacation payout and accrued vacation hours.

To note, I never had a full time job before so I’m learning more about my benefits.

I was told I would accrue about 13 hours of vacation later this year. If not used then it’ll be paid out next year. My question is I notice that any hours over 40 is not transferred over and is forfeited. So when they say pay out, does that mean pay out in a bonus check for the 13 hours with my base pay or does that mean the 13 hours I will accrue will transfer over to the 2 week vacation that I’ll accrue next year for 93 vacation hours? Is that how it works where you can keep accumulating vacation hours year after year?

If I do take my paid vacation though this year for the 13 hours, am I being paid out toward my next pay period after I take my vacation?

What’s the difference if I take a partial vacation say 8 hours and have 5 hours that is paid out nextyear?

Last question is, is it better to take the vacation or have it paid out next year?

I know, long post but first FT job so I like to know more about my benefits. Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Am not aware vacation accrues/rolls over to next year; usually there is a payout for non-used vacation hours @ end of year (using base pay)
Anything over 40 hours is forfeited/does not roll over (at least how things are done in my district)
Use it or lose it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
On my most recent paycheck- under time off section, earned ytd 25 hours, balance 44 hours , allocation 60 and taken hours 16. Does this mean I have 44 +25 = 69 hours time off remaining for this year or 25 hours are for next year?

Hello all,
I’m a new FT pharmacist with CVS. I’m confused with vacation payout and accrued vacation hours.

To note, I never had a full time job before so I’m learning more about my benefits.

I was told I would accrue about 13 hours of vacation later this year. If not used then it’ll be paid out next year. My question is I notice that any hours over 40 is not transferred over and is forfeited. So when they say pay out, does that mean pay out in a bonus check for the 13 hours with my base pay or does that mean the 13 hours I will accrue will transfer over to the 2 week vacation that I’ll accrue next year for 93 vacation hours? Is that how it works where you can keep accumulating vacation hours year after year?

If I do take my paid vacation though this year for the 13 hours, am I being paid out toward my next pay period after I take my vacation?

What’s the difference if I take a partial vacation say 8 hours and have 5 hours that is paid out nextyear?

Last question is, is it better to take the vacation or have it paid out next year?

I know, long post but first FT job so I like to know more about my benefits. Thanks all!

I have been working as a full time pharmacist for CVS for 15 months now and my scheduler told me I get 60 vacation hours/year. Is this true?

I thought we get 80 vacation hours/year according to what I read on my hr!!!

My condolences.

I been working at CVS for few months now and I actually love it. We have really good techs and even though it gets hectic when the good techs go home and I stay alone with recently hired techs. At my Rite Aid pharmacy the techs were really bad. There was just 1 good tech and half of them didn't even know how to type scripts because they have low IQ so they couldn't figure out the computer system and couldn't calculate the day supply even though they been working for years.