CVS/Walgreens fined $10B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KCAB

BMB 2.0
Removed
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 users
But Simba told us to sell all our VTI and go all in CVS stock!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
And yet I still see reckless prescribing from doctors each day. How come DEA doesn’t knock on their doors??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And yet I still see reckless prescribing from doctors each day. How come DEA doesn’t knock on their doors??

Because with the states/cities involved it's all about $$$.

Oh boy does this mean even more time consuming hard stops, unnecessary keys strokes, and my favorite…waste of time BS modules/training attempting to make major corporations appear like they give a damn just to fill an Rx for a measly 8 tablets of Percocet from an ER?

There goes your pay raise and bonus.

They’ll get out of paying your raise and bonus either way. They can afford to do so when there’s a line of desperate new grads with $200k+ in loans ready to pounce on your job for lower pay.

View attachment 361747
CVS’ mountain of debt that is maturing….going to have a difficult time refinancing it since interest rate has shot up.

It is going to come out of every CVS pharmacist pocket.
Probably not, tbh. If this was 2019, I could see someone making that argument. But right now they can't keep enough RPhs as is. Nobody wants to work for them. You can get a job in Philly right now if you wanted. I can get you the number of a few supervisors in my region that will expedite your paperwork. Salary ranges went up over the last two years. Max salary for Rx manager is over $80/hr now. Some (not many, to be fair) are legit making $200k. Base+bonus+holiday pay.

CVS not being able to retain rph is very much true. I personally know few people who went to work cvs and got out within two months since working conditions that were bad and supervisor literally beg them to give few more days to find the replacement..

Wow, did not think I would see so little discussion on this. Why have we as pharmacists not rallied together to shut down the "pain clinics" and send the drug seekers packing? These doctors that got to sleep with cute sales reps from Purdue and Mallinckrodt make millions per year selling this poison to addicts and we as pharmacists are the ones who get slapped with the biggest fines?

I know that no one cares when big corp gets hit with fines, but seriously do you really think it will the C-suite execs that pay this 13.5 billion dollars? No, it will be the rank and file employees, including pharmacists, who have ever crappier working conditions and less pay. It is time...lets act like actual healthcare professionals and tell the addicts that if they want their fix they can get it from street fentanyl, we will not be providing anything over 50 MME/day (per CDC guidelines) without good reason.

I'm doing my part by refusing to work at Walgreens ever again. There is no conditional sign-on bonus they can offer to convince me to come back. They already took 6 years of my life. No more.

Probably not, tbh. If this was 2019, I could see someone making that argument. But right now they can't keep enough RPhs as is. Nobody wants to work for them. You can get a job in Philly right now if you wanted. I can get you the number of a few supervisors in my region that will expedite your paperwork. Salary ranges went up over the last two years. Max salary for Rx manager is over $80/hr now. Some (not many, to be fair) are legit making $200k. Base+bonus+holiday pay.
In California, there are plenty of staff RPHs making well over 200k these days. I am one of them.