CW Post PsyD vs. Ferkauf PsyD... I can't decide!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoping4PsyD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All -

I'm really wrestling with the important decision of which program to attend. I would be so grateful if anyone could offer their impressions of these two programs. It would be especially helpful if current students could tell me their thoughts!

Thanks in advance to everyone and good luck to all those going through this same difficult process!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in a similar position. I'm choosing between C.W. Post PsyD, Ferkauf Clinical PsyD, but also Pace School/Clinical PsyD. I've also heard similar things about Ferkauf which makes me really hesitant to go there (not to mention the poor funding). I just didn't get the same feeling when I interviewed there that I got at the other 2 (I loved both of them).

I would also appreciate feedback from any current students or recent grads from any of these 3 programs b/c right now I have no idea how I'm going to choose (although I've pretty much ruled out Ferkauf unless I get some better feedback).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for posting your feedback. I've also heard negative stuff about Yeshiva, but didn't know how valid or true it was. It definitely is a fact that CW Post has better funding than Yeshiva.

More and more I'm leaning towards CW Post.... I got such a great vibe from both students and professors on my interview day. I also recently got a call from a current student at CW Post asking if I had any questions and letting me know she was an available resource. I really like that they reach out to people this way and it makes me think it's the right school for me.

I have a feeling I'll be posting on the "2009 Official where are you going" thread soon...

Thanks for posting your feedback. I've also heard negative stuff about Yeshiva, but didn't know how valid or true it was. It definitely is a fact that CW Post has better funding than Yeshiva.

More and more I'm leaning towards CW Post.... I got such a great vibe from both students and professors on my interview day. I also recently got a call from a current student at CW Post asking if I had any questions and letting me know she was an available resource. I really like that they reach out to people this way and it makes me think it's the right school for me.

I have a feeling I'll be posting on the "2009 Official where are you going" thread soon...

Sounds like it.....Congrats!

I am currently attending Ferkauf and would like to just say that I've had a great experience thus far. If I had to pick one of the program's strengths, it'd be their top notch training in clinical assessment. A weakness would be their lack in organization.

I was also offered partial funding and am currently working at an externship which pays a stipend. Cheers!

I am a Ferkauf alum. I had a horrible experience. I wasn't alone. A number of my cohorts left in the middle. The match rate is misleading. Avoid.

CW Post and Pace hands down before Ferkauf...but as I've posted before, I trust Yeshiva's training quality (because I've worked closely with externs who attend, have close friends who graduated, past supervisors and professors from there). But, I wouldn't wish the high debt on anyone and I see my friends struggle with daily cost of living which compounds with increased debt.

OP, if you are independently wealthy, pick and choose based on the training and research match (will help you get a good committee & finish in a timely manner for your dissertation). They are all solid PsyD programs, and the match rate may not apply to you if you kick butt throughout your graduate training to make yourself one of their "competitive" applicants (we're all a little competitive to get us to the point of acceptance, but some more than others).

Good luck!:luck: