CWRU Admissions Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sky walkerz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For any of those applicants who were either accepted to Case or are attending Case Western, do you have any insight on how the admissions committee views retaking the MCAT?

Were they receptive toward improved scores or were you dismissed right away?

Any advice is most appreciated. Thankz.

Members don't see this ad.

sky walkerz said:
For any of those applicants who were either accepted to Case or are attending Case Western, do you have any insight on how the admissions committee views retaking the MCAT?

Were they receptive toward improved scores or were you dismissed right away?

Any advice is most appreciated. Thankz.

Mr REddly did that I think. You can find his on the official Case thread, or maybe he'll read this first.

I re-took the MCAT before applying a second time to Case, and I think they considered the higher score favorably. The thought processes behind their assessment, i don't know. I would suggest your making efforts to improve all aspects of your application, so that the better (hopefully) MCAT score jibes with a picture of an overall improved applicant.

If this is your first time applying, then my situation doesn't really parallel yours so much. BUt if you can get a better score the second time around, no harm in going for it! It's better for them to see that you've been able to achieve a particular score, even though you've had to take it twice, than not being able to provide the evidence for it at all. Just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
hobs said:
I would suggest your making efforts to improve all aspects of your application, so that the better (hopefully) MCAT score jibes with a picture of an overall improved applicant.

Sorry to go off topic but this must be the first time in two years I've seen somebody on an internet forum use the correct word "jibes" instead of the incorrect "jives". Kudos to Hobs. I smell some Karma.

Judd

juddson said:
Sorry to go off topic but this must be the first time in two years I've seen somebody on an internet forum use the correct word "jibes" instead of the incorrect "jives". Kudos to Hobs. I smell some Karma.

Judd

The only time I'd use "jive" is to talk about the fresh jive tshirts. you get karma.

When I was there, my interviewer had said they liked to see improvement. They didn't seem to care about the past as much as some of the others and focused much more on the good things I've done lately... including the MCAT.

My retest was slightly different than other people's though. The two tests were separated by 4 years. :oops: