Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

CWRU Admissions Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sky walkerz, Apr 23, 2004.

1. sky walkerz

sky walkerz Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

For any of those applicants who were either accepted to Case or are attending Case Western, do you have any insight on how the admissions committee views retaking the MCAT?

Were they receptive toward improved scores or were you dismissed right away?

Any advice is most appreciated. Thankz.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Mr REddly did that I think. You can find his on the official Case thread, or maybe he'll read this first.

4. hobs

hobs Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I re-took the MCAT before applying a second time to Case, and I think they considered the higher score favorably. The thought processes behind their assessment, i don't know. I would suggest your making efforts to improve all aspects of your application, so that the better (hopefully) MCAT score jibes with a picture of an overall improved applicant.

If this is your first time applying, then my situation doesn't really parallel yours so much. BUt if you can get a better score the second time around, no harm in going for it! It's better for them to see that you've been able to achieve a particular score, even though you've had to take it twice, than not being able to provide the evidence for it at all. Just my opinion.

5. juddson

juddson 3K Member
    7+ Year Member

Sorry to go off topic but this must be the first time in two years I've seen somebody on an internet forum use the correct word "jibes" instead of the incorrect "jives". Kudos to Hobs. I smell some Karma.

Judd

6. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    The only time I'd use "jive" is to talk about the fresh jive tshirts. you get karma.

7. Mr Reddly

Mr Reddly Snowglobe!
    7+ Year Member

When I was there, my interviewer had said they liked to see improvement. They didn't seem to care about the past as much as some of the others and focused much more on the good things I've done lately... including the MCAT.

My retest was slightly different than other people's though. The two tests were separated by 4 years. :oops: