CWRU, Miami, Vermont, & MCP Hahnemann

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teufelhunden

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who has applied to these schools received an interview (or rejection letter) yet? I'm just trying to get a sense of what the average response times are for these schools.

------------------
"Some people follow their dreams, Others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission. " --- Neil Kendall

Members don't see this ad.

Recently received UVM and Case invites. UVM took just over a month from the time my file was complete; Case took three weeks.

As you are no doubt aware, schools don't always adhere to a predictable schedule -- there seems to be quite alot of variation, depending on the amount of backlog a school is currently dealing with, whether the school makes an immediate decision about your file or decides to "think about it" for awhile, and so on...

I've been driving myself crazy comparing my timelines with everyone else's; try not to fall into the same trap!

But may your envelopes arrive soon, and may they all contain good news.

I interviewed at Vermont on 09/14. They don't review apps for admission until the first weeks of December, and told us that the earliest we would hear anything after our interview would be then. People who interview after Dec. 1 will hear after Feb 1., and the others will hear by Apr. 1. They then make a waitlist, and in May let everyone know what their rank on it is (top 1/3, middle 1/3, etc) They pretty much told us that nearly all out-of-staters get waitlisted until all qualified Vermonters are accepted, which usually takes until May. I heard from them about two weeks after my app was complete, but it was complete in July, so I don't think they had as many to go through as they do now. It'll probably take longer.

I interviewed at MCP Hahnemann in late September. I think my application was complete a few weeks before. I was accepted on October 27th or so.

Case took a lot longer. My app was complete sometime in September I think. Then I got a call from them asking about my MCAT score, which had been misplaced. Right afterwards, in mid-October, the dean sent me out a short letter inviting me for interview, and I scheduled it for late Nov.

Hope this helps!