Step I CY-P450 manifestation on Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

izchief360

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

Since I haven't come across too many practice question's regarding this, I thought I'd ask since Sketchy makes it a point to indicate CY-P450 inducers and inhibitors. Basically, how will questions asking about this concept manifest? I can imagine something along the lines of:

"Here is patent A with x, y, z, symptoms (perhaps status epilepticus). Which of the following is an adverse effect of the first line prophylactic treatment?" options: alteration of hepatocyte metabolism (phenytoin)

But I'd love input from those who may have more experience with this concept.
 
"What specific CYP enzyme does X inhibit?" is also a very potential question. I don't consider anything "low yield" in regards to this exam.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe there is a section of specific ones in Katzung. I don't recommend going gung-ho on making sure you know every single one, but they are possible questions!