D in Ochem I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Califlower

Oriented x 1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend has applied to pharmacy schools and is waiting for decisions/notices for interviews. However, she just checked her grades, and found out that she had a D in Ochem I. She is scheduled to take Ochem II for the spring semester -- is she screwed? Is acceptance still possible after a D in Ochem, provided that she re-takes the course successfully (say Summer of 04?) She is going to talk to a counselor and the professor, but I just wanted to know. Her GPA is about 3.3 (overall) and her PCAT score was average.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Califlower
My friend has applied to pharmacy schools and is waiting for decisions/notices for interviews. However, she just checked her grades, and found out that she had a D in Ochem I. She is scheduled to take Ochem II for the spring semester -- is she screwed? Is acceptance still possible after a D in Ochem, provided that she re-takes the course successfully (say Summer of 04?) She is going to talk to a counselor and the professor, but I just wanted to know. Her GPA is about 3.3 (overall) and her PCAT score was average.

IMO, she is screwed. It is kind of too late in the game to retake and send the grades back to the pharmacy schools that she applied to.

Speaking from experience (that is, witnessing many of my friends who received D's ), people who get a D in OCHEM 1 and OCHEM 2 are most likely to not receive an acceptance until they show that they can receive a B or higher in that course!!!