D.O after DPT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nokabob4u

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any D.O. programs that accept physical therapists like a joint program or something like that?

Members don't see this ad.

I highly doubt one exists. We would have to apply like all the other pre-med students.

Does anyone know of any D.O. programs that accept physical therapists like a joint program or something like that?

One of my FM preceptors was a PT and decided that she wanted to go to DO school. As the poster above said, she had to apply separately for the DO program.

When I was at BU I developed an MD/DPT curriculum as part of my education track project. Nothing ever came of it, unfortunately, but I still think there would be great benefit to such a program. Incidentally, when I applied to med school, I was rejected from all the DO schools I applied to yet received 13 interviews for MD school. I was like wth? Anyway, I still love manipulation and plan to pursue some continuing education even though I'm headed the radiology route.