D.O after DPT?

Started by nokabob4u
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nokabob4u

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of any D.O. programs that accept physical therapists like a joint program or something like that?
 
Does anyone know of any D.O. programs that accept physical therapists like a joint program or something like that?

One of my FM preceptors was a PT and decided that she wanted to go to DO school. As the poster above said, she had to apply separately for the DO program.
 
When I was at BU I developed an MD/DPT curriculum as part of my education track project. Nothing ever came of it, unfortunately, but I still think there would be great benefit to such a program. Incidentally, when I applied to med school, I was rejected from all the DO schools I applied to yet received 13 interviews for MD school. I was like wth? Anyway, I still love manipulation and plan to pursue some continuing education even though I'm headed the radiology route.