D.O. Letter of Rec Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefullyafutureDOstudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The DO I shadowed submitted a letter of rec for me, but ACOM informed me that she didn't sign the letter :( However, I've reached the maximum 6 letters on AACOMAS and I can't submit her letter again.
Any suggestions as to what I should do? Will schools still accept it or are they going to completely toss it to the side?

Members don't see this ad.

The DO I shadowed submitted a letter of rec for me, but ACOM informed me that she didn't sign the letter :( However, I've reached the maximum 6 letters on AACOMAS and I can't submit her letter again.
Any suggestions as to what I should do? Will schools still accept it or are they going to completely toss it to the side?

Can you not delete the DO letter from AACOMAS and reupload a signed version?

Members don't see this ad :)
If she is willing to sign it and resubmit it you CAN open an inter-folio account and send it to each school individually. Its going to be expensive though

If she is willing to sign it and resubmit it you CAN open an inter-folio account and send it to each school individually. Its going to be expensive though
yeah she said she would resign and resubmit but it's going to be a huge pain submitting to each school :(

however, I've submitted around 15 secondaries in the past 3 weeks, and nobody has said anything except ACOM. does that mean maybe the signature isn't a deal breaker, or are they waiting for me to resubmit?

I went through this... ugh ACOM won't hold it against you at least. :)

You will have to have her email it to the schools that care. Some schools won't care, some will care and won't tell you. They will just never review your app even though they say it's complete. :-/

So email each school that you have submitted a secondary for and briefly explain what happened and ask if they would like for the writer to email it to them and where should it be emailed to.

Also, they want it on official letterhead and from an official email address IF possible. One of my writers sent his from his home email to a school (Nova if I remember correctly) and they wouldn't accept it, but didn't tell me until I pushed.

Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Some will only accept the six letters from AACOMAS and will not review anything extra