D.O Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sketchyMcG

Bonafide
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are they more difficult to obtain? I am considering the DO route but also want to speacialize maybe in orthopaedic surgery or radiology, not sure yet. How does that work? Do I have to go though a DO program pstgrad? How about MD resdencies? Will they even look at a D.O? Sorry for the ignorance on the topic, I and just learning about osteopathy!!

Members don't see this ad.

Im sure there is a little prejuiduce(sp?) out there, but a DO can get any residency any other student can. My friend is a radiology scribe at this hospital and says there is a DO in the department.

But Im assuming like any residency, you are going to have to fight for it and prove youself.

Originally posted by sketchyMcG
Are they more difficult to obtain? I am considering the DO route but also want to speacialize maybe in orthopaedic surgery or radiology, not sure yet. How does that work? Do I have to go though a DO program pstgrad? How about MD resdencies? Will they even look at a D.O? Sorry for the ignorance on the topic, I and just learning about osteopathy!!

You should do a search on the topic.

- Tae