Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

D.O Residencies

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by sketchyMcG, Nov 19, 2002.

1. sketchyMcG

sketchyMcG Bonafide
    7+ Year Member

Are they more difficult to obtain? I am considering the DO route but also want to speacialize maybe in orthopaedic surgery or radiology, not sure yet. How does that work? Do I have to go though a DO program pstgrad? How about MD resdencies? Will they even look at a D.O? Sorry for the ignorance on the topic, I and just learning about osteopathy!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Im sure there is a little prejuiduce(sp?) out there, but a DO can get any residency any other student can. My friend is a radiology scribe at this hospital and says there is a DO in the department.

But Im assuming like any residency, you are going to have to fight for it and prove youself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tkim

tkim 10 cc's cordrazine
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You should do a search on the topic.

- Tae