D.O.s who matched allo rads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allendo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To any D.O.s who matched allo, can you give me tips, board score avg, rotations, D.O. friendly programs

Members don't see this ad.

Not a D.O, but if you search, it's been covered here and at AuntMinnie.
But I know these have been mentioned before:
Univ of Pitt (pd is do)
Delaware? christian care? has do's
Look at Freida..and see what other pgms have do's...at least 10.
Try states that are DO strong (have schools), like michigan, kansas, pennsylvania.
Good luck.

allendo said:
To any D.O.s who matched allo, can you give me tips, board score avg, rotations, D.O. friendly programs

4 people from KCUMB matched into allo rads. Programs were Oklahoma University of Health Sciences, University of Kentucky (2), Univ. Missouri Kansas City. They were about mid-class to top third with above average boards 225-235 I think.

That's the best info I can give ya. Also remeber that there are several good DO rads programs (POH, Garden City, Grandview, Botsford) Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont want to sound dumb but what is Freida?

bente said:
Not a D.O, but if you search, it's been covered here and at AuntMinnie.
But I know these have been mentioned before:
Univ of Pitt (pd is do)
Delaware? christian care? has do's
Look at Freida..and see what other pgms have do's...at least 10.
Try states that are DO strong (have schools), like michigan, kansas, pennsylvania.
Good luck.
Delaware

Only 2 PGY-5 are DO's rest are MD's I believe

http://www.christianacare.org/body.cfm?id=192

Ive tried to find this kind of thread before, but to no avail... how plausible/implausible is it for a DO with above average USMLE scores, good grades, etc. etc. to match at a community style rads program... excuse my ignorance, but I am very curious to hear an answer.
Thx.

Here are some stats for an example:
I am top 10% of class, Step 1-245, I applied to 27 programs (all allopathic), got 7 interviews and matched to my 2nd choice.
Just go for it if you really want rads!

Mel37 said:
Here are some stats for an example:
I am top 10% of class, Step 1-245, I applied to 27 programs (all allopathic), got 7 interviews and matched to my 2nd choice.
Just go for it if you really want rads!

I was in a group of 10 radiologists. We had four DOs who did DO residencies and are certified by the AOBR. There was no difference in the quality or treatment. May be because they did residencies at Michigan State. Tha was several years ago.

At my school, 4/5 matched rads (2 AOA and 2 allopathic). I matched allo, 23 applications, 5 interviews, matched #1 choice. Step 1 USMLE 235, blah, blah, blah. The "upper tier" programs or whatever won't give you much of a look, but rotate at some good community programs, do a good job and be friendly, and you will do well.

DO's applying to allo programs: apply broadly, middle-low tier univ programs and any community programs. I would recommend taking USMLE. I did and it was commented on at each interview.
DO friendly places: a lot more than you would expect. I interviewed at Cleveland Clinic, Yale, Univ of Colorado, etc. You can forget top 10 programs or really anything in NYC or Boston.

My stats: class rank 2, step 1 245, step 2 256. 43 apps, 13 interviews. Matched at #3.