DA Trouble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amir

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone interested in discussing the answers to the papers. The ones I have I believe, have a lot of errors in the answer key. Since my exam is kinda close, was wondering if someone would be interested in discussing the answers, as was done in the Anatomy sections previously on this forum (and was very helpful).

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hi amir,

my exam is on 29th dec.which da q paper r u interested in discussing?

smitha.

mita said:
hi amir,

my exam is on 29th dec.which da q paper r u interested in discussing?

smitha.

There are somethings from the 96 paper that I am finding confusing (DA).

114. Is the most convex distioincisal angle the one on the mandibular lateral incisor?

118. I believe the answer should be d as centric relation is inferior to centric occlusion.

30. Souldn't the answer be c - doesn't the capsular ligament restrict excessive lateral shift of the condyle?

153. Maxillary posterior teeth show both mesial and buccal inclination. But I guess since buccal inclination is more it could be argued that the answer is e.

198. The answer should be d or e - at least that is what I think. Increased overbite should affect cuspal length - not overjet. Does increased overjet make the bennet angle more acute or obtuse?

There is one thing more I would appreciate if someone could clarify. I seem to have read somewhere that a frontal view helps in mesiodistal determination of inclination and a sagittal bucco-lingual. The questions seems to combine both of them. I mean from a sagittal view the premolars are the straightest and frontal incisors. Could someone plz clarify this.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Could anyone plz offers some insight?

Amir said:
There are somethings from the 2000 paper that I am finding confusing (DA).

114. Is the most convex distioincisal angle the one on the mandibular lateral incisor?

118. I believe the answer should be d as centric relation is inferior to centric occlusion.

30. Souldn't the answer be c - doesn't the capsular ligament restrict excessive lateral shift of the condyle?

153. Maxillary posterior teeth show both mesial and buccal inclination. But I guess since buccal inclination is more it could be argued that the answer is e.

198. The answer should be d or e - at least that is what I think. Increased overbite should affect cuspal length - not overjet. Does increased overjet make the bennet angle more acute or obtuse?

There is one thing more I would appreciate if someone could clarify. I seem to have read somewhere that a frontal view helps in mesiodistal determination of inclination and a sagittal bucco-lingual. The questions seems to combine both of them. I mean from a sagittal view the premolars are the straightest and frontal incisors. Could someone plz clarify this.

Thanks
114 --- b(disto inc of mand lateral)
118--i am not sure
130--i think its b
mainly because any restriction to the working side should be by the opposing , non-working side and looking at the anatomy ,articular fossa seems correct --- since the answer choices clearly says articular fossa on non working side i would go for ans --b but i could be wrong please correct me if i am!!
153--e -- because of maxillary expansion ans should be mesial and buccal ,and mandibular would be lingual and distal.
198- e- i think its obtuse

in the same paper i had a doubt with --106 ---is the ans b or d
thenx !!

styloid said:
114 --- b(disto inc of mand lateral)
118--i am not sure
130--i think its b
mainly because any restriction to the working side should be by the opposing , non-working side and looking at the anatomy ,articular fossa seems correct --- since the answer choices clearly says articular fossa on non working side i would go for ans --b but i could be wrong please correct me if i am!!
153--e -- because of maxillary expansion ans should be mesial and buccal ,and mandibular would be lingual and distal.
198- e- i think its obtuse

in the same paper i had a doubt with --106 ---is the ans b or d
thenx !!

As far as 130 is concerned I stillthink it should be capsular ligament. The working condyle merely rotates, so its excessive movement might be restricted by the ligaments.I don't understand why the non-working condyle would be an issue. Very confused.

No idea. Have googled. Nothing came up.

Anyone else plz respond. I would be very grateful

Amir said:
106 is d. As far as 130 is concerned I stillthink it should be capsular ligament. The working condyle merely rotates, so its excessive movement might be restricted by the ligaments.I don't understand why the non-working condyle would be an issue. Very confused.

198. No idea. Have googled. Nothing came up.

Anyone else plz respond. I would be very grateful

just go thr this web site ,i havent read it completely just scanned ther it , i think u can get the answer here ,let me know if this was helpfull.
http://www.tambcd.edu/cedental/mandmove.htm

Amir said:
Thanks a lot. 13O is clear. 198 still remains?

So,what is ur final answer for 130 ?

styloid said:
So,what is ur final answer for 130 ?

I presume b. I will check again. It looked like that from the reading you recommended. Kinda disappointed no one else has offered any input. Anyway thanks again