1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

DA Trouble

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by Amir, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Amir

Amir Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone interested in discussing the answers to the papers. The ones I have I believe, have a lot of errors in the answer key. Since my exam is kinda close, was wondering if someone would be interested in discussing the answers, as was done in the Anatomy sections previously on this forum (and was very helpful).

Thanks.

2. mita

mita Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

hi amir,

my exam is on 29th dec.which da q paper r u interested in discussing?

smitha.

3. Amir

Amir Member
    5+ Year Member

There are somethings from the 96 paper that I am finding confusing (DA).

114. Is the most convex distioincisal angle the one on the mandibular lateral incisor?

118. I believe the answer should be d as centric relation is inferior to centric occlusion.

30. Souldn't the answer be c - doesn't the capsular ligament restrict excessive lateral shift of the condyle?

153. Maxillary posterior teeth show both mesial and buccal inclination. But I guess since buccal inclination is more it could be argued that the answer is e.

198. The answer should be d or e - at least that is what I think. Increased overbite should affect cuspal length - not overjet. Does increased overjet make the bennet angle more acute or obtuse?

There is one thing more I would appreciate if someone could clarify. I seem to have read somewhere that a frontal view helps in mesiodistal determination of inclination and a sagittal bucco-lingual. The questions seems to combine both of them. I mean from a sagittal view the premolars are the straightest and frontal incisors. Could someone plz clarify this.

Thanks

4. Amir

Amir Member
    5+ Year Member

Could anyone plz offers some insight?

5. styloid

styloid Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

114 --- b(disto inc of mand lateral)
    118--i am not sure
    130--i think its b
    mainly because any restriction to the working side should be by the opposing , non-working side and looking at the anatomy ,articular fossa seems correct --- since the answer choices clearly says articular fossa on non working side i would go for ans --b but i could be wrong please correct me if i am!!
    153--e -- because of maxillary expansion ans should be mesial and buccal ,and mandibular would be lingual and distal.
    198- e- i think its obtuse

in the same paper i had a doubt with --106 ---is the ans b or d
    thenx !!

6. Amir

Amir Member
    5+ Year Member

As far as 130 is concerned I stillthink it should be capsular ligament. The working condyle merely rotates, so its excessive movement might be restricted by the ligaments.I don't understand why the non-working condyle would be an issue. Very confused.

No idea. Have googled. Nothing came up.

Anyone else plz respond. I would be very grateful

7. styloid

styloid Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

just go thr this web site ,i havent read it completely just scanned ther it , i think u can get the answer here ,let me know if this was helpfull.
    http://www.tambcd.edu/cedental/mandmove.htm

8. Amir

Amir Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks a lot. 13O is clear. 198 still remains?

9. styloid

styloid Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

So,what is ur final answer for 130 ?

10. Amir

Amir Member
    5+ Year Member

I presume b. I will check again. It looked like that from the reading you recommended. Kinda disappointed no one else has offered any input. Anyway thanks again