Daily Life

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nc2tarheels

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be applying to Opto school within the year (SUNY, SCO, PCO, NOVA) and was wondering what the life was like. I've seen 342872934 threads on this before, but I was talking about the "schedule". Is it pretty much 8-5 type of thing with lunch in between. What time do most students get up for class? What time are you completely done for the day? I know studying plays into it so I'm sure studying is done after 5 or so when classes end (that's assuming there aren't many breaks in between throughout the day). Thanks for all info on this. 🙂
 
It completely depends on the semester. Our first semester seemed to have a lot of breaks and I had almost every Monday afternoon off, several Thursday mornings too. Our upcoming Spring semester looks a lot fuller with very few breaks. The schedule is usually 8-4:30 or 5 with lunch from 12-1, and there are some night clinic assignments from 5-9. I have to wake up at 7 to get there by 8, but I live about 10 minutes from school. Its not that bad, you get used to it. I've heard after Spring semester it lightens up considerably.