Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Daily Life

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by nc2tarheels, Dec 29, 2008.

1. nc2tarheels

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    I will be applying to Opto school within the year (SUNY, SCO, PCO, NOVA) and was wondering what the life was like. I've seen 342872934 threads on this before, but I was talking about the "schedule". Is it pretty much 8-5 type of thing with lunch in between. What time do most students get up for class? What time are you completely done for the day? I know studying plays into it so I'm sure studying is done after 5 or so when classes end (that's assuming there aren't many breaks in between throughout the day). Thanks for all info on this. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SarahNC

2+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    It completely depends on the semester. Our first semester seemed to have a lot of breaks and I had almost every Monday afternoon off, several Thursday mornings too. Our upcoming Spring semester looks a lot fuller with very few breaks. The schedule is usually 8-4:30 or 5 with lunch from 12-1, and there are some night clinic assignments from 5-9. I have to wake up at 7 to get there by 8, but I live about 10 minutes from school. Its not that bad, you get used to it. I've heard after Spring semester it lightens up considerably.