Dalhousie Pharmacy 2014

Started by LCDNS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LCDNS

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just thought I would get this thread started since I haven't seen any other discussions yet for those applying to Dal pharmacy this year. Has anyone heard about interviews yet?
 
I haven't heard yet either! I had an interview last year and if I recall correctly, the call didn't come until early April so I wouldn't panic yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No real tips for the interview other than just try and be calm and explain yourself clearly. After the first couple of stations I found my nerves went away, and the whole process went by pretty quick.

Still haven't gotten a call yet either but I wouldn't worry yet. I can't see any reason why I wouldn't get one because my GPA is higher than it was last year when I got one.
 
No real tips for the interview other than just try and be calm and explain yourself clearly. After the first couple of stations I found my nerves went away, and the whole process went by pretty quick.

Still haven't gotten a call yet either but I wouldn't worry yet. I can't see any reason why I wouldn't get one because my GPA is higher than it was last year when I got one.

If you don't mind, what was your GPA last year when you got an interview? I'm just a bit worried.
 
Like 3.63/4.3 or something like that. Not sure on the exact number haha. You might need a bit higher than that if you're out of province though.
 
I knew someone with a 3.3/4.3 who got an interview. Unfortunately they didn't get in. If you around there or better, you probably have a good shot for an interview...just have to blow them away on the interview to get in.
 
If you don't mind my asking, are you an Atlantic Canadian student, and what is the first letter of your last name? 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol looks like I'm near last then as my last name starts with a V. My references haven't even been contacted yet, so maybe they do that when they go down the list as well
 
For those of you who have already received interview calls, do you mind posting what your cgpa is?

swordt, I heard someone who received a call already with last name starting with P, so I think it must be random!
 
Maybe they're going in the order of when they received the applications. I applied near the deadline... What about you guys?
 
I finished my application pretty late near the end of January and my last name is near the start of the alphabet, I received my call late yesterday, I assume it is a random process so it's not worth trying to deduce their method of handing out interviews!
 
I got my call last Friday morning. They should be calling people over the next few days as well i'd imagine!
 
I had emailed the department a couple of months ago, and they mentioned that usually the average gpa for an interview is 3.3-3.4. I'm not sure what it is this year, but it may be around there!
 
For those that have received a call, did they call the number you put on the supplement form, or the number you put on the online application on dal online? Also, did you receive an email as well, or just the call? Thanks.
 
I don't know what number I put where, or if I put the same one on both but they called my house, and no email yet. Said they will send out an email with the details in a week or two.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently they called my house in Moncton today, did anyone else have Kate call them with good news? From past forums, it looks like only Margaret's name came up, so has anyone this year heard from Kate so I know whether to start panicking, or celebrating?
 
It was Kate that called for my interview. If they call you, im pretty sure you received an interview. Apparently they send out letters to those that didn't receive an interview.
 
It was definitely an interview, I just found out someone got a call from Margaret and she got an interview! Congrats!
 
This may seem a bit early to ask but for those that had an interview before with pharmacy, what were the dress codes like (what were people wearing)? I've read in forums from previous years that guys wore suits and one guy who wore just a dress shirt didn't blend in well. Is this true?
 
If people don't mind sharing and have gotten calls for interviews , what are all your cGPA's (on 4.3 scale). Thanks!
 
Last edited:
mines 3.72/4.3 . Anyone know how they decide once you get an interview? Do they still take marks into consideration?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What they mean is they already got a call but now they sent out confirmation emails with all the details about the interview.