Dalhousie Pharmacy Fall 2016 (C/O 2020)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chief1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought that since we're getting close to the time that interview calls start going out, I might as well start the yearly discussion thread.

If anybody cares, I applied last year as a first year Atlantic Canadian student with a GPA of 3.86/4.3, got an interview (I received the call on March 31st, and thought it went quite well), and was accepted with a final GPA of 3.71/4.3 (I got the letter towards the end of June). I turned it down anticipating the implementation of the PharmD program this year, but it seems like they bumped that back until 2018... If anyone has any questions about the process, feel free to ask!

This year I applied as a second year student with a GPA of 4.12/4.3, and am still a resident of Atlantic Canada.

Best of luck to all that applied! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey there :) I'm also a second year student, first time applying though. I'm an Atlantic resident, PEI specifically. My cGPA is 3.8/4.3. Good luck to everyone!

Hello,

I'm also a second year student. This is my second time applying, my cGPA is 3.9 and I'm a Pei resident.

Is anybody's application status showing as incomplete?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I'm also a second year student. This is my second time applying, my cGPA is 3.94 and I'm a Pei resident.

Is anybody's application status showing as incomplete?

Mine is showing incomplete as well, it has since I submitted it back in January. However, when I contacted Dal they said they had everything, I'm sure it's just that it hasn't been updated with absolutely all the information.

Mine is showing incomplete as well, it has since I submitted it back in January. However, when I contacted Dal they said they had everything, I'm sure it's just that it hasn't been updated with absolutely all the information.
That's a relief, thanks :)

Just got a call for an interview!

I missed a call from the school of pharmacy earlier today. The office is closed for the day so I have to wait until tomorrow to call them back. Is it true that they only call you if you got a interview? And that they send you a letter if you didn't?

I also received a call for an interview this morning!

Reactions: 1 users
I missed a call from the school of pharmacy earlier today. The office is closed for the day so I have to wait until tomorrow to call them back. Is it true that they only call you if you got a interview? And that they send you a letter if you didn't?

That's the way it worked last year, and as it's so early in the process (last year calls went out from March 30th to a week before interviews) it's pretty safe to assume you got an interview :)

I just got a call for an interview as well. Congratulations to everyone in the same boat, and good luck to those that are still waiting!

Thanks so much! I called them back them back this morning and I did get an interview! I am so excited! Congrats everyone! I know they mentioned on the phone with me this morning that they are still making calls so don't worry if you haven't heard yet.

Hey there friends!
I too am a PEI resident applying for the first time. I already have a degree in Biology and am currently working in the pharmaceutical industry (not a tech- but I can't say what it is- that would give too much away!)
My cGPA from my first degree is quite low- just at 3. I'm hoping to hear something this week- but certainly not expecting an interview. Any idea when rejection letters are sent out?

Also, just wondering what everyone's status says on their Admissions Login>Application Summary>Decision

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hey there friends!
Hey there friends!
I too am a PEI resident applying for the first time. I already have a degree in Biology and am currently working in the pharmaceutical industry (not a tech- but I can't say what it is- that would give too much away!)
My cGPA from my first degree is quite low- just at 3. I'm hoping to hear something this week- but certainly not expecting an interview. Any idea when rejection letters are sent out?

Also, just wondering what everyone's status says on their Admissions Login>Application Summary>Decision

Thanks!!

I have no clue when rejection letters go out, I think it would be pretty late though. One person that I was talking to last year while waiting in line to register said they got the call for an interview about a week prior.

As for my application status, I have two for some reason. One says "incomplete", and the other says "decision made, written notification to follow".

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no clue when rejection letters go out, I think it would be pretty late though. One person that I was talking to last year while waiting in line to register said they got the call for an interview about a week prior.

As for my application status, I have two for some reason. One says "incomplete", and the other says "decision made, written notification to follow".

Interesting! Mine says the same thing! Must be a glitch in the system! Thanks for the info about rejection letters. More waiting to do, I guess! :)

Is anyone an OOP applicant who got an interview (i.e. Toronto,ON)?

Hey, I'm an out-of-province applicant. I thought that we were supposed to wait for an email, so I never paid too much attention to my calls. What happens if they call and no answer?

I suggest you call the pharmacy admissions office and ask them if you have been picked for an interview. I only received a confirmation email after I talked to them on the phone about the interview!

For anyone that got an interview, when you replied to the e-mail to say you'd be attending did you get a reply back?

For anyone that got an interview, when you replied to the e-mail to say you'd be attending did you get a reply back?
I did not get a reply back. I emailed them with my response few weeks ago.

when do you have your interview? Mines on April 23

Hey everyone... Just wondering what you guys are planning to wear? I'm not sure what is acceptable attire? I am a female.

Hey everyone... Just wondering what you guys are planning to wear? I'm not sure what is acceptable attire? I am a female.

I'm probably not the best person for advice on this since this is my first interview with them, but I was planning on wearing dress pants, a blouse, and blazer.

I hope everyone's interviews went well!

Does anyone know when we can expect to receive letters?

Does anyone know when we can expect to receive letters?

Someone who used to be involved in the process told me the first round of acceptance letters goes out around the middle of the month, and second towards the end of the month. Last year I got my acceptance letter around the 25th of June.

Hi guys!

I'm new to the forum. Has anyone received an acceptance/rejection letter or email?
Or has anyone called admissions about a date we should expect an answer?

The wait is killing me haha

Thanks!

Hi guys!

I'm new to the forum. Has anyone received an acceptance/rejection letter or email?

Thanks!
Same boat as you right now. Will let you guys know as soon as I get a reply. Hope it's an acceptance. Please post here if you get a letter thanks.

My DalOnline says "Decision Made" Hopefully we get the letters very soon!

Someone who used to be involved in the process told me the first round of acceptance letters goes out around the middle of the month, and second towards the end of the month. Last year I got my acceptance letter around the 25th of June.

Is admission decisions made before final transcripts are received? In other words, is Winter 2016 term considered in GPA and decision or just to check if it's complete?

Hi guys!

Thanks!

I called today and they said hopefully letters will be sent out next week

I called today and they said hopefully letters will be sent out next week
Called them today and turns out because of some problems with Canada post, acceptances will actually be sent out via email either late this week or early next week.

Just got my acceptance email! If anybody is curious, I'm a maritime resident, had a 4.18cGPA, 4.30 semester GPA, and would rate myself a 9/10 for the interview. Also, they didn't call any of my references. Good luck to everyone else! I hope to see you all this fall!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I also received my acceptance email this morning! I'm a maritime resident with a cGPA of 3.98, and felt okay about the interview after it was over. None of my references were contacted. Best of luck to everyone and looking forward to the fall!!

I also got my acceptance letter today. First year dal student with a cGPA of 3.95. I thought I messed up the interview but apparently not haha. See you all in fall.

Oh no I didn't get an email :cryi: are they also sending out rejection letters this week?

I received an acceptance email today. If anybody cares: I'm a maritime resident, 2nd year and 2nd try. GPA 3.9/4.3. I thought the interview went very well.

I also received my acceptance email this morning! I'm a maritime resident with a cGPA of 3.98, and felt okay about the interview after it was over. None of my references were contacted. Best of luck to everyone and looking forward to the fall!!
I think they contact them only as tiebreaker. Like if 2 ppl have same score after everything

Congrats guys! Unfortunately I have to wait until July to hear back because they need my summer course mark

Congrats to everyone accepted! I've been waitlisted. Has any one else been waitlisted or does anyone know what the chances are of getting accepted off it? Really wish they would disclose at least if you're near the top or the bottom of the list.

Congrats to everyone accepted! I've been waitlisted. Has any one else been waitlisted or does anyone know what the chances are of getting accepted off it? Really wish they would disclose at least if you're near the top or the bottom of the list.

I also got waitlisted...

Would you mind telling me your stats?

Would you mind telling me your stats?
Just graduated with a BSc, 3.85 gpa. Lots of experience as a pharmacy assistant. Thought my interview went okay but I think that's probably what dragged my score down.

Last edited:
I also got the acceptance letter/email. Maritime student, just graduated with B.Sc honours and a cGPA of 3.35. Third time applying, so to anyone else still trying, don't give up! Felt the interview went almost perfectly, thanks to lots of practise this year haha