Dalhousie Pharmacy Fall 2016 (C/O 2020)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just graduated with a BSc, 3.85 gpa. Lots of experience as a pharmacy assistant. Thought my interview went okay but I think that's probably what dragged my score down.

How easy/difficult is it to get a pharmacy assistant position would you say? I've been thinking of trying for it, or just job shadowing instead...

Members don't see this ad.

How easy/difficult is it to get a pharmacy assistant position would you say? I've been thinking of trying for it, or just job shadowing instead...
I actually got my job through a co-operative education placement at a pharmacy in High school, after which they hired me on. I would say it might be a bit difficult to get a pharmacy assistant job without any experience, but you could still go into places and drop off resumes (explaining your science background and interest in pharmacy). Job shadowing is a great idea too, and could even lead to something more if you make good connections and work hard :).

For those who got accepted, when is the deadline in which you have to accept or decline the offer?

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually got my job through a co-operative education placement at a pharmacy in High school, after which they hired me on. I would say it might be a bit difficult to get a pharmacy assistant job without any experience, but you could still go into places and drop off resumes (explaining your science background and interest in pharmacy). Job shadowing is a great idea too, and could even lead to something more if you make good connections and work hard :).

Lucky you!! That's fair enough, I'll probably look into job shadowing then for now. Thanks for the advice, and definitely hoping to see you in the Fall!

Unfortunately I did not get in this year, you'll see me back in the forums next year

Has anyone registered for courses yet or know which we should be registering for? Also those who are staying in residence, have you heard anything back on your applications yet? And does anyone know if there has been a Facebook page set up?

Has anyone registered for courses yet or know which we should be registering for? Also those who are staying in residence, have you heard anything back on your applications yet? And does anyone know if there has been a Facebook page set up?

I can't answer your other two questions, but you should be able to register after your acceptance deposit is paid and processed. To do so, go to DalOnline, navigate through Web For Students>Registration>Block Registration>2016/2017 Fall, click BSCPH-Year 1, then register and you'll be good to go.

What is everyone doing for living arrangements?

I've got an apartment, but lived in Risley and LeMarchant over the past two years and didn't find either residence bad.

If anyone is looking for an apartment, there are three literally thirty seconds away from the Pharmacy building up right now. A friend used to live in the Spring Garden Terrace one and it's pretty nice, I can't speak for the other two.

https://www.padmapper.com/listings/...t-at-5984-spring-garden-rd-halifax-ns-b3h-1y7
https://www.padmapper.com/listings/...t-at-5954-spring-garden-rd-halifax-ns-b3h-1y7
https://www.killamproperties.com/apartments/halifax-ns/spring-garden-terrace

I can't answer your other two questions, but you should be able to register after your acceptance deposit is paid and processed. To do so, go to DalOnline, navigate through Web For Students>Registration>Block Registration>2016/2017 Fall, click BSCPH-Year 1, then register and you'll be good to go.

I did that! Does it make sense that there are only two courses for second semester?