-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dalhousie Pre-pharmacy 11-12
Started by meaw01
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just got my letter: accepted.
Like SpecialK have said, canada post stamp is dated 16th, so everyone should be getting one soon.
Great 🙂 Congrats!!!!! I'm assuming tomorrow 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all - got my letter today.
Status: accepted.
Good luck to everyone waiting!
Status: accepted.
Good luck to everyone waiting!
Congratulations to all. I am very happy for you guys.
SpecialK08, well done. It looks like you really wanted to get in. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
SpecialK08, well done. It looks like you really wanted to get in. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
Congratulations to all. I am very happy for you guys.
SpecialK08, well done. It looks like you really wanted to get in. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
I did 🙂 thanks !! See you next year huh
Most courses have 2 to 3 exams which make up your final mark. A couple also have assignments or a lab component that contributes to your mark. They're like any other course except you take them over 4-6 weeks instead of for a full term. One course (microbiology and immunology) is only 2 or 3 weeks and there is only a 100% final for it. These become the norm throughout second year and third year I believe.
The progress exam does not effect your grades at all, it only contributes to whether you make the Dean's List for the college... I don't think this would affect existing scholarships but you may want to clarify this. FYI, this exam is based on all 4 years of knowledge and every year writes the same exam... so after finishing first year you are basically guessing 75% of the material, which is why it is a stupid way to rank the class.
The progress exam does not effect your grades at all, it only contributes to whether you make the Dean's List for the college... I don't think this would affect existing scholarships but you may want to clarify this. FYI, this exam is based on all 4 years of knowledge and every year writes the same exam... so after finishing first year you are basically guessing 75% of the material, which is why it is a stupid way to rank the class.
Most courses have 2 to 3 exams which make up your final mark. A couple also have assignments or a lab component that contributes to your mark. They're like any other course except you take them over 4-6 weeks instead of for a full term. One course (microbiology and immunology) is only 2 or 3 weeks and there is only a 100% final for it. These become the norm throughout second year and third year I believe.
The progress exam does not effect your grades at all, it only contributes to whether you make the Dean's List for the college... I don't think this would affect existing scholarships but you may want to clarify this. FYI, this exam is based on all 4 years of knowledge and every year writes the same exam... so after finishing first year you are basically guessing 75% of the material, which is why it is a stupid way to rank the class.
Thank you so much! I'll ask Margaret about the progress exam situation. If I'll be guessing 75% of the material, then I don't think I'll make the Dean's List lol..
And are they really able to cover all the materials for the final in 2-3 weeks? I mean it's PBL as well, so is there enough time to cover everything that's gonna be on the final?
Also congratulations to all who got accepted! Especially SpecialK cuz you've been waiting and posting for a really long time... Congrats and see you all in September! I can't wait!
Aw thank you!! I am so relieved 🙂 question though. Is there a list that you known of of specific immunizations we need? It doesn't really say.. :/
Aw thank you!! I am so relieved 🙂 question though. Is there a list that you known of of specific immunizations we need? It doesn't really say.. :/
Yes, you need diphtheria-pertussis-tetanus, measles (rubeola), mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, varicella (chicken pox), influenza, BCG, and influenza. You also need a chest x-ray and its report as well as two-step mantoux test results (I think it's for tuberculosis but don't quote me on that). If you want the actual form, e-mail Harriet Davies who is in charge of it. I have the form, but I couldn't figure out how to send it to you. But no rush cuz it's due on Friday January 10th of 2014!
Yes, you need diphtheria-pertussis-tetanus, measles (rubeola), mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, varicella (chicken pox), influenza, BCG, and influenza. You also need a chest x-ray and its report as well as two-step mantoux test results (I think it's for tuberculosis but don't quote me on that). If you want the actual form, e-mail Harriet Davies who is in charge of it. I have the form, but I couldn't figure out how to send it to you. But no rush cuz it's due on Friday January 10th of 2014!
Oh okay awesome!! Thanks! I couldn't find a list anywhere. Thanks a lot 🙂
Oh okay awesome!! Thanks! I couldn't find a list anywhere. Thanks a lot 🙂
No problem 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I updated my Facebook information yesterday, felt great hahaha.
"Nothings official until its facebook official" lol
"Nothings official until its facebook official" lol
Congratulations to everybody and good luck to those still waiting. Be sure to join the Dal's facebook group (Dal Pharm Class of 2016). This forum definitely helped me during my application and waiting process and I want to get to know some of you before school starts!
As for the immunization, I found last year's forms here: http://pharmacy.dal.ca/preceptor/ROTATION MANUALS/
- just click 'immunization' pdf
As for the immunization, I found last year's forms here: http://pharmacy.dal.ca/preceptor/ROTATION MANUALS/
- just click 'immunization' pdf
Last edited:
Congratulations to everybody and good luck to those still waiting. Be sure to join the Dal's facebook group (Dal Pharm Class of 2016) and add me (Van). This forum definitely helped me during my application and waiting process and I want to get to know some of you before school starts!
As for the immunization, I found last year's forms here: http://pharmacy.dal.ca/preceptor/ROTATION MANUALS/
- just click 'immunization' pdf
Oh cool, thanks 🙂
Congratulations to everybody and good luck to those still waiting. Be sure to join the Dal's facebook group (Dal Pharm Class of 2016) and add me (Van). This forum definitely helped me during my application and waiting process and I want to get to know some of you before school starts!
As for the immunization, I found last year's forms here: http://pharmacy.dal.ca/preceptor/ROTATION MANUALS/
- just click 'immunization' pdf
I just added you on facebook... I'm Lucy 🙂
And I would really like to get to know some of you here before september as well, so add me!
What size is everyone getting in the orientation t-shirt? I'm curious to know how they'll be made
What size is everyone getting in the orientation t-shirt? I'm curious to know how they'll be made
I ordered a small cuz mostly I wear a small, occasionally extra-small. I saw the design for last year's shirt on last year's dal pharm facebook group, but I'm not sure if it's going to look the same.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K